The Royal Ball

Stacey's ball dress

Stacey's ball dress

Stacey's Hairstyle 

Stacey's Hairstyle 

"Stace, can you come to my study for a minute, please?" said my great-grandmother in a gentle voice. "I want to have a quick word with you."

My heart pounded in my chest. What exactly did my grandmother want? I knew that I was about to find out, sooner or later. I took off my headphones, turned off my music, closed my French textbook, and followed my grandmother into study. She smiled at me, pointing to the seat in front of her desk. I nervously took my place in front of her, sitting like a lady.

"You needed to see me, great-grandmother?" I asked nervously.

"Yes. Don't worry, you're not in trouble."

I relaxed, but not by much. I was still nervous about what she had to say. I fidgeted with my fingers that were placed in my lap.

"What do you need to see me for, grandmother?"

She smiled gently at me and put on her eye glasses before pulling out a roll of parchment paper.

"How would you feel about having a ball this upcoming weekend?" she unexpectedly proposed.

I stared at her in surprise. This was what she needed me for? She should have asked me in my bedroom!

"I wouldn't mind that," I answered carefully, still feeling a little ticked off by the fact she hadn't bothered to ask me in my room. "Who are you planning to invite?"

"The princes, princesses, dukes, and duchesses from around the world. Along with the descendants of the famous Presidents, Saints, Witches, and Wizards. Along with some people from a school for the insanely talented."

"Are you indicating about the royals from my school? You're saying that I can invite my friends?"

"Anyone is welcome, dear," my great-grandmother answered with a smile. "I will have to get started on the invitations and then you can pass them around when I'm done doing them."