Promise Means Eternal

Geoffrey and I were hanging out in the pool again late that evening when Queen Elizabeth arrived, accompanied by Prince Jack Brooksbank, Princess Beatrice, and Prince Edoardo. They all arrived in a private jet, just as the rest of the British family and I did.

"Guys?! They're here!" Princess Kate called out as I floated lazily in the pool that overlooked the vast blue ocean. I'd been so caught up with God's beauty that he'd bestowed on the sunsets that I didn't even realize the time. And I nearly forgot that there were other royal family members joining us later this evening.

Geoffrey reached the stairs leading to the pool first, and grabbed a towel from one of the spa chairs. I glanced over at the vast ocean and saw that the sunset's colors shimmered, rippling onto the Caribbean sea. When I finally ripped my gaze from the beautiful sunset, I turned around to go up the pool's stairs, I suddenly stopped in my tracks. I watched as Geoffrey began to dry his hair out with a beach towel. When he was done with the towel, he sighed and draped it over his neck and shoulders. When he glanced over and finally noticed me staring, he smirked.

"Like what you see?" he teased, puffing his bare chest out.

I rolled my eyes, trying to ignore the heat rising to my cheeks.

"In your dreams," I scoffed playfully as I continued to walk up the pool's stairs, keeping my head down to avoid staring at his bare chest.

"Sure," he returned sarcastically, though he grinned at me.

He held a hand out for me to take so that I could meet the rest of his family. A lot of excited chattering reached our ears as we approached the kitchen. A couple of people laughed enthusiastically with each other. Others spoke loudly and excitedly, as they had probably not seen each other in a long time.

"I was wondering if the two of you were ever going to show up," said Princess Kate as she noticed us coming in.

"You know that we would have — eventually," Geoffrey answered with a goofy grin.

"Hello, Miss Anastasia," said the familiar voice of Queen Elizabeth.

I wheeled around to face her. My eyes widened in surprise when I saw her standing in front of me. After getting over my shocked moment, I smiled at her in return.

"Hello, Queen Elizabeth. It's nice to see you again."

Queen Elizabeth nodded, letting me know that she had heard me. She then glanced around the beach house with a wistful look on her face, as if she was recalling a memory of her times here at the house when she was younger.

"What do you think about this house on Mustique Island, Anastasia?" she asked quietly.

"Oh! I think that it's a lovely place, especially with the view outside the rooms."

"This house once belonged to my sister, Margaret Rose. It was a wedding gift when she got married, given to her by Lord Glenconnor. She loved the place dearly and ended up giving it to her son in 1996. The house went up for sale back in 2011, I managed to buy the property in honor of my sister."

The Queen looked wistful, as though she was thinking back on the good times she spent with her sister on this island.

"I can see that this island is very special to you, Your Majesty," I said politely.

"Yes, indeed," the Queen whispered, her eyes full of wonder. "Very special. And it still is"

"Grandma," said Prince William unexpectedly.

He approached his grandmother with a slight smile on his face. He opened his arms for a hug, which the Queen returned.

"When did you get here?" said Queen Elizabeth jokingly as she let go of her grandson.

The Last Romanov: Book Oneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें