Chapter 8 The Demon's Cackle

Characters: Y/n, Tengen Uzui, Makio Uzui, Hinatsuru Uzui, Suma Uzui, Unknown yellow hair boy, Unknown boar boy.

takes place season 1 ep 4

This should be easy at first when I have all my adrenalin and energy. Stay sharp. Don't let your guard down. Focus y/n focus! The bushes suddenly russell behind me. I turn around and a demon pounces at me. I jump over it and decapitate it from behind. The demon dies and slowly turns to ash. I did it! I did something! Another one starts charging at me. TIme to try out these explosions.

Flashback

"This is the sword you will be using if you want to learn sound breathing." Uzui places a sword in front of me much like his own. The swords were more like nunchucks honestly. There were two big swords attached together with a chain and they had a round curve in the middle of the blade.

"Can I use a different sword? The swords are really large and heavy." I asked him.

"Are you kidding me? No! There are the flashiest swords in all of Japan. Don't tell me you just want some basic ass sword. Besides, you can't perform sound breathing correctly with any other kind of sword. The chain is so you will be about to swing the swords around rapidly and the curve is so you don't get hit by the explosion needed to perform sound breathing. If you want, I can make the sword lighter but that's all I can do." Honestly I was relieved when he said that. Each of his swords was about as heavy as an ax. I gained some arm strength but not that much. He is truly amazing for being able to wield those swords.

End of Flashback

The demon was a lot faster than the last one. I grabbed a small, marble-like explosive from my pocket and threw it up in the air and let it slide off the curve of my sword, activating it and making a small explosion. The bombs can easily inflict damage on upper rank demons so it leaves weak demons on the brink of death. The demon fell to the ground and I was able to behead it. The demons here remind me of the demons that attacked my village a couple years ago. If only I could have done something then.

Suddenly I heard a cackle coming from the bushes. All the bushes started shaking around me. It's a demon I'm sure of it! I start chasing it down. Why isn't it going after me? It's probably after someone else. How is it so fast? I could barely catch up with it. Then another demon pinned me to the ground. It had an abnormally large head and giant teeth with a wide mouth . I had to act fast. I shoved my blade down its throat until it reaches the other side of its head.

From there I was able to force it off of me. As I sliced it threw the other side of it's jaw, and it tumbled back but it was a matter of seconds before it regenerated and started charging at me again. I was able to slice off its legs making it fall to the floor. I held my blade to its neck and started to slice through it. The demon pulled away from my hold. That damn pesky demon. It started crawling toward me using its arms to pull itself forward. I knew I had to act.

"Sound breathing, first form, Roar." I swing my swords over my head and slam them against the demon's head finally decapitating it. Crap! I lost the other demon! That demon was slick and quick too. It had to have eaten at least 40 people. Maybe I shouldn't go after it. I'm not even a real demon slayer yet and it seems really strong. No! What am I thinking! That means I have to decapitate it before it kills any more people!

"Aaahhhhh!"

I hear someone screaming in the distance. I have to go help them! I rush through the woods and climb a tree so I can sneak attack on the demon who's attacking this person. When I saw the guy that was screaming though, there were no demons around him. He was very brightly colored. He had blinding yellow to orange hair and a haori to match. Why is this guy screaming so much? Isn't he being a little dramatic?

"Wh- What the hell was that!? Oh crap. Had to just be the wind r- right?" the boy said.

Is he okay? I understand that our lives are on the line here but still!

"Seriously! Enough already! Much more of that and my heart's gonna pop right outta my mouth!" he carried on.

Is he just gonna keep carrying on like this? I mean, I shouldn't judge. He probably gets harassed and bullied about how loud he is all the time. He doesn't need me going and making fun of him too. Everyone processes emotion differently. No one should shame anyone else for that.

"Pitch dark and filled with demons.... Just what kind of place is this!? Why did I even have to come to this thing? I said I didn't want to- Ahhhhhhhhh!"

Still... It's still kind of annoying to hear him complain about something that we're all experiencing together.

"I- I know that sound! There's a demon around here... Oh man, just leave me alone okay!? Get me out of here!!!"

Sound? What sound? I don't hear anything-

All of a sudden, I hear the cackle of that demon again. Is it possible that that boy sensed the demon before I did? Even when he was panicking like that? It doesn't matter. What matters is I'm finally on this stupid demon's tail and since I was about to rest in that tree while that yellow haired boy was screaming, I have more stamina now and I could finally easily keep up.

There was only a thorn bush in between us. As soon as I find an opening, I will attack this hysterical creature.

"Better watch out because really or not I'm coming through!." The demon yelled. I jumped over a thorn bush to face the demon, but there was none to be seen. The demon I was chasing all this time was a person. He was still a very strange person. He had no shirt on and he was wearing a boar's head and was using beat up swords to fight.

So if he wasn't a demon, then why am I still sensing a demon's presence? When I turned around, there were about 20 demons running towards me. They probably started following me when I was chasing after that boar headed boy. Don't think about how many there are, just fight back. I was able to cut off a few demon's heads before they started grabbing hold of me. I reached in my pocket and grabbed some explosives and threw them at them but they regenerated quickly.

"I can do this! Sound breathing second-"

The demons started grabbing hold of me again. They pinned me to the ground and began to gnaw at my flesh. This is the end isn't it? This is where I die? I failed again. I'm sorry. I'm sorry my younger sister, I'm sorry my younger brother. I'm sorry dad, I'm sorry mom, I'm sorry my good friend, I'm sorry Makio, Suma and Hinatsuru. I'm sorry Uzui. I'm sorry big brother.

Then everything was light. Am I ascending into the afterlife? The bright white light cleared after a second and all the demons were gone.

What happened? I looked over and the yellow hair boy was right next to me, sword in hand. The demons didn't even have a chance to rip off my flesh. I was okay. The boy didn't say a word. He was like a completely different person. He saved my life....