10. Axial I

AUTHORS NOTE:

I asked on my wall if anyone would like me to post this because its much shorter than my usual chapters and about 70% of you either private messaged me or wrote on my wall that you would like to read it now. Others were more reluctant and would prefer a more complete chapter later. So I made a compromise towards the majority of you who want this now, and decided to post with the rest of this chapter hopefully posted tomorrow.

RECAP :

"Nice to meet you too mother." I breathe out rising to face the woman who had once had fiery red curls like mine and sang me melodies as a babe. Those days were long gone.

Her familiar brilliantly green spheres now glowed with a hate that had grown and thrived over the years for reasons I had yet to figure out.

She visibly sneered in disgust at my reference to her as a mother. Hell the woman looked not a year above twenty seven in this getup despite the fact she was nearing forty in a couple months.

"Don't you dare call me that here. Let's go. He doesn't like to wait and you've been trouble enough trying to get you here." She snapped swinging on her heels and moving back towards the direction she'd originated from.

"Who?" I ask already dreading what was coming especially with the growing feeling of spiders crawling up my back.

The same feeling I'd gotten moments before I'd found grams in the living room that day cold and completely devoid of life on the carpet, hours after she'd passed away.

Except about a million times amplified. Whomever we were going to go meet, one thing was certain in this nightmare that had become my reality. He wasn't going to be good news.

I could feel it down to my bones. Almost as bad as I could feel Axial's anguish right now and the eyes of the beast beneath my feet, locked on me.

Watching. Waiting...

♠ ♦♡ DRAGONS MATE 10 ♡♦♠

I was in trouble. I wasn't only in trouble but this was probably the holy grail of all trouble. The epitome of troubles.

The closer we got to wherever it was she was leading us, the more the once nauseous feeling in my gut became a clawing terrified denial that made my flesh precipitate and itch in weariness.

"Mom where are-" I begin only to slam to a halt when she spun around with a look that seriously challenged Damien's ice prince glare.

"I will impale you from between your thighs up and out that big mouth if you dare use that word with me again. Understood?!" She hissed and I paled. I don't quite feel like being a human-on-a-stick quite yet today but her tone was pissing me off.

Even with dried blood on my face from my nose and my disarrayed look, she was still my mother damnit. And I hadn't seen her in years and this is the way she treats her only child?!

Dammit I am so tired of having life fúck me over in ways that don't end in an orgásm.

"That's how you want to go with this? 'Simone' now is it?" I stop crossing my hands. Beautiful reunification this was turning out to be...not.

"Yes. Simone . Queen Simone now."

"Queen of what? You left us for this?" I flick my hand at her all leather getup grimacing at how ridiculous she looked. The woman looked like a 60's rock band knuckle-dragging inbred swamp cúnt.

And that gothic makeup looked like it was done by a right-handed professional clown artist while blindfolded using their left hand.

Ok so maybe I was slightly too sarcastic and harsh towards her but at this point, I could care less. I was angry and still recovering from the shock of having her thrown back into my life after so many years. And the fact she didn't seam to give a damn about the fact the last time she saw me I was only a child.