1: Sold

Hi First Update!

@Dragon Mate-1 SOLD

In life there are certain things that you just know when you face different situations.

You know you are in deep shit when you walk into your house and come face to face with your greatest nightmare.

Three huge men in suits and shades-like the ones you find only on FBI agents- standing in your living room.

You also know you are drowning in a pile of elephant poop when it turns out these men are looking for you.

And you know you are going to rip your fathers esophagus out with your teeth, when you realize he has gambled you at one of his crazy gambling trips downtown,  to some rich bloat.

Like a god dammed object!

Isn't human trafficking illegal? Because apparently according to the document just shoved in my face, I now belonged to some fat guy old enough to be my great grand father.

Okay so I don't know how old or what pant size my new 'owner' has but anyone with a name like Alfrederic Maionios Drakos XVII has got to be beyond ninety.

Or at least wearing overalls and hunched over his desk crunching numbers with an adding machine.

It didn't surprise me either that father would do something like this. In fact, the main reason my mother left us ten years ago was because of his not-so-little gambling problem. Along with her personal issues too....
Even though he insisted he had it under control and it was a tiny problem.

And it was pretty clear after he gambled the millions he inherited from the family line in a matter of three days that he had a lot more than a 'tiny problem'.

But I stayed when mom left (not like I had a choice). But as bad as it got with his drinking and gambling, it was better than mothers never ending line of male "friends" and their disgusting habits.

What I hadn't expected was the fact he would do it so soon. It was two weeks since I moved in here from nana's after her funeral.

Currently two weeks, until my 18 birthday which will give me freedom from this nightmare.

Two. Weeks.

Two weeks from the day I had been saving to leave this place and be independent. Not like I already wasn't looking after myself, but I could do it legally.

And he had to sell me to some guy who couldn't even come to get me himself. Instead he sent these three to do the work for him.
Three giant men who looked like thy belonged more in an illegal underground cult wrestling rink than in my living room.

I turned around glaring at my suppose father, whom was standing in the corner looking at his feet and anywhere but at me. The worthless excuse of a man was avoiding me because he was guilty and he knew it.

"I hope you are happy. How could you do this to me?" I beaconed glaring with fist clenched at my sides.

He scratched the back of his neck nervously keeping his eyes down.

"We need the money Catherine. We havent had food or much of anything in this house for awhile. The yard is overgrown and that foreclosure sign in the yard and the pile of bills aren't going to take care of themselves. It was the best thing for the family-"

"Lies!" I spat feeling the rage explode within me. His little speech sounded as practiced as a forth grader rattling off their ABC's. Right don to the mumbled "Elemeno-P".

All those things he mentioned had been pilled up there since forever.

The bank didn't even bother about this big rot excuse of a house anymore because it would cost more to fix this heap than to build a new decent home. And anyone leaving in this cheap 1900's  town knew there was not a soul out there who would dare buy a house in this neighborhood.