Chapter 28: Revived. Rebuilt. Reborn.

The Next Day
Gremory Manor
It was a new day. But there was no sense of cheer within this day. It was a very somber day for the House of Gremory and the House of Sitri.

It was the last day of summer, both peerages of Rias Gremory and Sona Sitri were preparing to return home.

However, because of the loss of Hajime Akamizu, the group decided to have a gathering at the House of Gremory before taking the Gremory train back to the Human Realm.

In the living room, the heads of Gremory and Sitri sat together with their wives.

Venelana: What a heartbreaking day.

Lady Sitri: Truly. I still remember seeing my daughter come home in tears. I was hurt for her.

Rias and Sona were seen with their queens, Akeno and Tsubaki. Sona looked in a way, lifeless. Her eyes drained from the emotional breakdown she had the other night. Tsubaki's eyes were red from the crying. Even Akeno was still shedding tears.

Rias: Hey...Sona...I-

Sona: I know Rias. I know. It's just a lot to still handle right now.

Rias: Asia took it rough too. You saw her. Right? She was bawling her eyes out.

Sona: She and Hajime must've developed a good friendship. Didn't they?

Rias: They did. Yeah.

Just after talking, Rias looked up and saw two different devil clan magic circles. Akeno, Sona and Tsubaki felt the increase of magic too and saw it.

Two magic circles. One Bael and One Phenex.

Out arrived Sairaorg Bael and Ravel Phenex, which to her, came to a surprise to Rias.

Rias: Sairaorg? Ravel?

Sairaorg: Rias. Sona.

Sona: Hello Sairaorg.

Rias: Ravel. It's a surprise to see you here.

Ravel looked to be saddened today. Her hands were to herself and she looked down.

Ravel: I just came to pay my respects to the Sitri Family.

Ravel gave a bow to Sona.

Ravel: I'm sorry for the loss of your servant, Lady Sona. He had a surprisingly kind and polite personality around devil royalty.

Sona closed her eyes and exhaled.

Sona: Thank you, Ravel. Your words are kind.

Sona looked up.

Sona: I'm glad you saw Hajime to have that kind of personality. I am strongly aware he can be a bit brash at some points. But it's more about understanding the origins when I find found him.

Ravel: The Red Dragon Emperor had told me many stories of how him and...Hajime have met.

Rias: What's with that pause?

Ravel: I first started calling him Sir Akamizu because of his status as a Sitri servant. But he told me I can just call him by his name. Guess I'm still on some sort of struggles.

Rias had a light but seemingly quiet chuckle.

Rias: It's quite adorable to see the sole daughter of the House of Phenex get flustered over a name.

Sona: Indeed.

Sairaorg: Yes. Hajime was a great friend. Perhaps one of my best of friends. We joined in on a fight with a bunch of guards that he started. I've been finding myself to enjoy more fights now. I was wishing for one day that maybe Hajime and I could fight against each other one day.