Chapter 4: Familiar Rivalry

Karaoke Bar
Hajime POV
I'm sitting around with everyone that came to this bar. They were all doing nothing but just goofing around, singing to the lyrics that were in the screen. Just having fun I guess.

Honestly, it sounded fairly bad, but they were having fun. I felt a chuckle come out of my throat and I turned my head around to look.

Actually, I might remember this place. It's no doubt that I do.

I remember times when I used to actually work here now as a barback. I didn't make that much money but it helped me pay off some of the debt I used to have.

The people were okay-ish. But it wasn't the best. So I quit the job to try and make more money.

But now I'm here.

Tomoe: Akamizu! Why don't you have a turn?

Hajime: Eh?

I turned to see Tomoe holding a microphone at me. The smile on her face was just an enchanting thing. It made me take it without thinking.

I didn't ask much on what I do, I just ended up following how they usually did it. I went up to the box and searched for a random song.

When I turned around, I felt the anxiety hit me like I had a sense of stage fright. But, it would look so weird to back down now. I took a deep breath and put the microphone up to my mouth.

Timeskip
Nightfall
3rd Person POV
The group was soon walking out of the Karaoke bar, with the four girls of Reya, Tomoe, Momo and Ruruko with different smiles on their faces, while Hajime was red of embarrassment.

Hajime's Mind: (That was horrible. I hope I never do that again.)

Alastor: (Yeah dude! You sounded like shit!)

Hajime's Mind: (Jeez. Thanks for the support.)

Alastor: (I try to not disappoint in that category!)

Momo: Akamizu.

Hajime: Hm?

Hajime looked up to see Momo turning around and placing her hand on his shoulder. Tomoe was also turned around.

Momo: Thanks again for coming with us!

Tomoe: Yeah! I had so much fun having you there!

Reya: I gotta say, it was more fun to have a guy with us.

Momo turned to Ruruko.

Momo: Ruruko?

Ruruko groaned a bit and turned around with the other girls, facing Hajime in the process.

Ruruko: Yeah...thanks for coming.

Hajime only stared at the four girls and itched the back of his own head.

Hajime: Yeah...you're welcome.

Momo took her hand off of Hajime's shoulder and the group began to go back to walking down the street.

Hajime POV
I was catching up to the girls for a bit, was ending up walking next to that Nimura brat.

I could sense that she looked at me for a second and looked away.

I guess I could try and make a small conversation, about maybe something. But what in the hell would I even have a conversation about with her?

I looked up at the bright moon. I guess I could try that maybe?

Hajime: Moon's bright tonight, isn't it Nimura?

I didn't get an answer.

Hajime: Nimura?