Chapter 9: A Sudden Realization!!

"Captain!" A Sagarion soldier shouted.

"What is it?" He replied,

"We found the refuge camp that you're looking for... If you want us." He stuttered, "We could blast them with a meteor from the magical unit. That way, it could be as quick and as painless as-"

"As quick and painless as possible?" The Captain finished his sentence.

"Do you really think 'Operation No. 014' was meant for the sakes of your faint heart?" Razing his weapon at his own soilder he spoke, "If you are so fearful of the deaths that began in this war, then I suggest you leave it to the best."

"Listen Here!" the Captain shouted, "I will go alone. Watch me as I show you what Operation No. 014 truly means!"

Finding a clear section away from his camp, the Captain took a deep breath before entering a sudden stance.

"All this time..."

I have waited for this day to come...

" I could finally avenge you!"

*Phew~* He sighed

"My family."

Then a sudden gust of wind blew from the bottom of his valley, and he ascended to the camp of the Solitins. Charging like a war stallion full of vengeful intent, he landed at the head of their camp destroying tents and finishing the injured who had been left unattended.

Sow, with a magic stone in hand, steps out of the tent and stares down the beast in front of her. Using his weapon he stealthily snatched the stone from Sow's hand, and crushed it.

...

"I take it you are the Captain of the"

"Shut up." He quilted, looking around at the chaos he caused, he pointed his weapon at Sow and demanded an answer.

"Where is she?" He yelled.

"Of whom do you talk about?" Sow answered, she was like a cunning fox waiting for the right time to strike.

Another long wait only piqued the commander's anger. Getting impatient he tried to peek beyond the covers of where Sow was standing, and at that moment the fox struck.

*Clang* *Clang*

The movement was so fast that one mistake would've made an end to this bout.

"I suggest you take not a step closer!" Sow yelled, gritting her teeth she threw a kitchen knife at the feet of the commander.

Looking down at the knife, he laughed, "You remind me of someone." He said while picking up the knife, "You remind me of my wife," he continued, "A person who was strong willed, never showing fear, even in the face of an opponent stronger than her..." He paused, and for a moment, it looked like he was on the verge of crying, but he didn't, "And Just like her," He raised his weapon again, "You will die a gruesome death from the hands of the enemy... I will make sure of that."

With a swift movement from his weapon, he tore down the surrounding tents with a giant gust of wind, and breathed heavily.

Stepping over the mark made by the knife, he started a charge at Sow who was about five meters form where he stood. Charing with the power of an army of thousands he held his glaive and swung at the lady blocking his path.

He yelled and shouted chant after chant casting winds up to sixty MPH. With his glaive he swung, hit, and stabbed his way through Sow's defences. But gracefully dodging endless blasts of wind Sow cleaved blast after blast with just her footwork alone. With no current weapon at her disposal she had to think quickly on what her next move would be.

What to do! What to Do! She panicked, though Sow was fairly confident in her abilities, she knew her weakness when it came fighting someone in the frightlines. With her quick thinking she dodged the glaive that was swung at her torso. In the air she knew she was at a disadvantage, but her quick movements couldn't keep up with her quick thinking and even quicker thinking of her opponent.

*Swash!*

As she was in the air, the commander used magic to blast wind and forced Sow to stumble into some rubble. She coughed, something pierced her back as she fell into the tent of wood and stone bodies.

"Over Already???" He asked as he stepped towards Sow.

"No! Not Yet!!" She yelled as she searched around the rubble for any weapon of any sorts. There, she found a lance, and a couple of small daggers sitting besides her out in the glistening sun.

"I, Head Maiden of Her Highness, the Ven Solitude will stand here and protect thine, till my last breath!"

The man chuckled, and shed a tear as he tightened his grip on his glaive, "You remind me so much of her, it's sickening." Inching closer and closer to Sow he started remorsing.

"24 years ago, in the battle of Long Slot, I lost my wife, and my 1st born child to the hands of your so called King, and from that day on, I swore I would get my vengeance, and with your-"

"Shut it!" Sow yelled, "No one wants to hear your stupid, sad, little depressing backstory of why you want to kill my master's granddaughter. For all I know, King Awhina's descendant has already died, you fool!"

He chuckled again, his laugh felt as if he had truly lost all reason to life and was just waiting for a moment to vent all his frustrations out. Standing over Sow, he pointed his weapon at her and struck at metal.

*Clang,!*

Though he aimed for her neck, his remorseful heart filled with unjust judgment clouded his mind from taking Sow's soul. With this new found opportunity of chance, Sow didn't hesitate to strike back. Grabbing the Glaive, she twisted her body around him and stabbed his shoulder with a dagger that had been laying on the ground next to her. With his swift movement she knocked the giant 6.1 commander down and reached for the lance.

*Snap!*

Coming back to his senses, the commander grabbed onto the heel of Sow's leg and twisted it.

"AH!" She cried, as she fell down right next to the lance, and falling out of her pocket, a pendant with a familiar face fell out in between Sow and the Commander.

"Wait, Is that!"

"You're distracted!" Sow yelled as she reached for the lance and with all her might, pulled it towards the direction of the commander.

Piercing his other shoulder with the lance, Sow pushed it as far away from her as she could. Obtaining distance between them, she grabbed the pendent and started a run towards a magic stone she had found inside of the rubble.

She hadn't made it far as the man grabbed her by her foot and started to tug her towards him.

"You! Your!" He yelled as grabbed Sow by the leg.

"Stop it! Let Go!" She yelled as she kicked him with her other leg in "that spot..."

"Ah!" He yelped. He immediately let go allowing Sow to get a hold of the stone.

Pouring meaning into the stone Sow quickly Yelled, "Heed thy call, I call upon thee, Master Awhina!"

                                                                                                                                                                     End of Chapter 9