Chapter 3: Coping With Life

I woke up in the cave where I first met Dayson... sitting up on the smoothly paved stone floor and feeling the cooled warm sun over my body. Dayson.. I thought, DAYSON! Eyeball what happened? I asked but with no response I started to panic. Please... Please Be Okay...

"Hello? Is anybody there? 2-35? 3-no-1? Please! Answer Me!" I called out within my soul. "Why won't anybody Answer? Act 1? Rez? Somebody Please!"

005: "Quiet child. It is a time of mourning..."

"Mourning?" I thought to myself, feeling around the room I felt nothing but stone till I hit it. The stillborn body of my late brother taking slow but heavy breaths. "Eyeball... Eyeball please let me see Him!.. Let me See Him!" I shouted, tears starting to run down my face. "Listen Steamy," Dayson said, "It's not your fault, and it's not their faults either." What? My fault? No, their fault? What does he mean, I asked. Please tell me what happened! "they're..." You're hurt, I can smell the blood around you. "Yeah, ahahah, they got me pretty good didn't they..?" Who's they? "Hm, they'll let you soon..." Please Dayson tell me what happened- "Listen to me Steamy," Dayson said, cutting me off while coughing up blood. "These are my final words to you, so come here. Closer..." I leaned in feeling multiple gaps in his body. "Dayson you-" "Listen... Steamy, I'm sorry I didn't tell you soon." Tell what?" "Telling you that I was your brother..." Cough, Cough. "In fact I knew the whole time you were my little sister... It was just, just so hard to say it out loud, ahahah..." It's not the time to be joking around Dayson, please save your breath. "I'm so sorry you had to find out this way." Cough, Cough "I wish we had spent more time together..." "You know, I read a book saying you shouldn't cry when people die, but instead, it said to be joyful and happy for that person..." I knew he was running out of time, I could hear his faint heartbeat getting slower and slower by the second. Yet I just sat there, crying like a dog watching its owner move on before their passing. "PLease Dayson... Don't go. Don't Leave Me Too!" I grabbed what I could feel, what was left of his body and hugged him as closely as I could. "Steamy, I want you to know that I loved you, and that I'll miss you... so hear my final words..."

"Don't cry too hard, it'll ruin your face... And don't blame them.. It was that mad bastard's fault. And his fault alone. I know I've taught you well. Well enough to live on your own. So don't just sit here for weeks waiting for your own death haha. They wouldn't let it happen... And lastly for my final word...

"I love you, my Dear, Daughter."

"Da- Dayson!" "no No NO" PLease one of you. Can any of you help Him!? His body's still warm, At least one of you should be able to heal him! Right?

005; "It is too late, child."

Sitting there, hugging Dayson tighter and tighter, I felt the warmth of the sun fall acid to the fright of the moon. The warmth of Dayson faded away with the rising of the moon, his now cold and lifeless body reflecting the warm day and now perceived the cold night. "It was too cruel," the once brilliant sun that filled my spirit with its sunshine, now shone a cold lifeline. "Help him," I repeated over and over again. It rained heavily that night, with thunderous clouds that seemed full of tears, like it was a sign that the moon was sharing my grieving. I stood there for 3 days, soon holding nothing but air in my arms. I don't know where my brother's body went, as by the end of the day, my eyes were still defective. But I like to believe that just like my mother, his body dissipated, and his spirit was left to watch over me. It was the only logical explanation, anyways.

005: "Child, you must go now... You must keep on moving, or else your brother's efforts would remain in vain."

Yes... I know... but 005, can I ask you something?

"Ask me anything, child."

Could you show me what happened?

"Child... At a later time, when it is right we'll show you."