Roronoa Zoro

Halloween special 2023 – Zoro

Were you surprised that it didn't work?

Not really.

Were you still a little miffed about it?

Definitely.

Zoro hadn't as much as dismissed the idea of you dressing him up in a maid costume with all but a roll in his eyes as he grabbed his gym bag and left the flat for his daily training session at the local dojo.

That was on Monday.

On Tuesday when you had tried to put the cute headband on his head to show him that he looked adorable in it, you begrudgingly realised that he was fast asleep on the couch and couldn't even appreciate himself. Even after poking him in the side for a few minutes and sticking random objects into his nose to annoy him he didn't wake, and so, with a huff leaving your lips, you ditched that approach as well.

On Wednesday you wavered from your original plan to stick him into the maid costume and tried to convince him of your normal daywear. Surprisingly, he was a little more receptive to that idea, but after Zoro had ripped the third shirt whilst flexing his (sexy) muscles in front of the mirror, you yourself ditched the idea in favour of your wardrobe. If he kept on doing that, it wouldn't cover the one therapy session Nami had promised you for that outfit.

Today was Thursday, two more days until the party, and you decided to revisit the idea of the maid costume again, although in a little toned-down version. After work you visited Baratié and convinced Sanji to borrow you on one of his spare uniforms. In theory, it wasn't a maid costume, but you hoped that the toned-down version would get Zoro to at least somewhat agree to the whole idea, and then you could still stick a headband and a cute bow into his hair for good measure.

Now, sitting in Shakky's Bar with your friends by your side and your head hanging low, you filled them in on your failed attempts of convincing Zoro to put on the costume.

"Honestly, (Y/N), as much as that mosshead annoys me, I do understand why he doesn't want to put it on," Sanji explained as his eyes followed another woman. "There would also be no way that I'd put on that costume."

"Please Sanji," Nami added, rolling her eyes as she followed his gaze, realising what had caught his attention. Pointing a finger in the direction, and drawing the attention of everyone in the booth Sanji's current person of desire, she continued. "If that woman asked you to put it on, you'd do it in a heartbeat."

"Do you think it would increase my chances?!" the blond almost yelped, his hands already rummaging through your bag in hopes to find the costume in there.

Oh Sanji...poor, naïve, helpless Sanji

Swatting the blond over the back of his head for just going through your personal belongings without a care in the world, the action earning itself a displeased grumble as he rubbed his head, you then returned your attention to the glass in front of you, glancing at your friends who had joined you this evening.

You had called some of your best friends to help you with getting Zoro into the costume, and luckily, most of them showed up. Amongst them were Sanji and Nami, as well as Johnny and Yosaku, some of Zoro's older friends he had brought along into the relationship. They had some weird admiration going on for him, but Zoro neither used them to boost his own ego, nor did they ever seem anything but goodhearted, and so you had let it slide after the initial confusion.

"Zoro wasn't always that difficult," Johnny remarked, scratching his tattoo on the side of his face as he frowned at the glass in front of him, seemingly lost in thought. "Not that long before the two of you had met, he even wore a full on frog costume.