Donquixote Rosinante

Halloween special 2023 – Rosinante

A/N: I love Rosi. He deserves the world.

"There's...gotta...be...a...fitting...uniform...somewhere," you grumbled to yourself, balancing your weight on your tiptoes as you searched the upper compartments of the breakroom locker for a uniform in Rosinante's height.

He was a sweetie, really, and you had the distant hope that maybe you could get him to wear the uniform. Honestly, once your initial shock over the theme had subsided, you also wanted to stick him in the maid costume and see for yourself what it looked like.

In your mind, it looked adorable. Rosi's shy smile, the maid costume, and a perfect view of his buff arms. Just the thought about it made you all excited, and with new eagerness wandering into your fingers, you searched the cabinet a little faster.

The issue was just that Rosi was a very tall man. Taller than most, and definitely too tall for himself. That man was a hazard for himself and everyone around him. Constantly tripping over literal air, or setting himself on fire. His life insurance would have even been denied if he was about average height. However, with his additional height, he could also bang his head against pretty much any branch or doorframe in existence, which only resulted in more accidents than he already had. There was a reason why the doorframes in your apartment all had some cushioning taped around it, and it definitely wasn't an interior design choice.

Quietly grumbling incoherent swears under your breath as the last uniform still turned out to be too small, you set your feet flat on the floor again, a frustrated sigh leaving your lips.

"Do you need help with anything?" Ikkaku stuck her head around the corner to peek inside the room upon hearing your frustration.

"Do you know if we keep any spare uniforms in the back?"

"I believe Dadan's old uniforms are there."

Oh yes, Dadan the tough looking, anger management issues having, tank of a woman that was your boss. She was great, just a little special. Then again, everyone's a little special.

With your eyes turning into blinking stars at the newfound piece of information, you rushed out of the breakroom and straight into your boss' office where you explained your problem to the strawberry blonde woman. 

First, she was a little confused, and then she laughed at you for what felt like an eternity. At some point Viola had even asked her to tone it down because costumers were already complaining, to which she just replied they should shut it. It was her café and if she wanted to laugh in a volume that could start a mini-earthquake, she was going to.

She didn't laugh at you because she took great humour in your misfortune. At least, not just. She knew Rosi. He had been picking you up regularly from work after his workday as a caretaker in the local kindergarten was over, and Dadan and he had formed some kind of friendship over the years.

"There we go. Don't forget to show me a picture if you manage to stick him into the costume," the elderly woman grinned as she handed you her old uniform, along with an insane amount of accessories, bows and headbands for good measure.

Why does everyone want to see my boyfriend in a maid costume?

The rest of the workday passed rather uneventfully, and after picking up some beer along the way for Nami's BYOB policy, you made your way back home. The party was tomorrow and since you had already planned to spend the entire evening with getting Rosi all dolled up, you wanted to get as much of the preparation over today. This included getting the beer, as well as letting Rosi in on the theme.