Chapter Thirty

-Chapter 30-

I walked up the mountain, the sobs escaping my pink lips. I wrapped my arms around my body, rubbing them as if they would give me warmth. I stepped on a branch causing me to jump in shock. A deep rustling moved around me, I began walking quickly.

I was beginning to become frightened to know what that noise was. I was in the mountains, I knew what was up here, what I had gotten myself into.

The rustling grew louder, and closer to me. I began running, scared for what was following me. I ran through the trees, dashing under fallen branches and big rocks. I padded through the loud leaves, suddenly I lost my balance causing me to trip and fall to the ground with a thud. I cried out in pain as a sharp rock dug into my leg.

Suddenly a tall man appeared in front of me, a cross bow in his hands.

"No, no please don't." I pleaded holding my hands up in defence.

"Who are you?" He spat.

"My name is Samantha, Samantha Tyler. I know what you are, James told me you could help me." I pleaded.

"James?" He questioned.

"James Tyler, my uncle, he told me you could help me."

"James is dead, he was murdered four days ago." He spat.

"I know, I know, before he died he told me about you guys, he said you would help me. Please, I only have hours till the full moon....." I cried looking up at the dark sky.

He looked up at the sky, then back at me, I pleaded him with my eyes to take me to his pack.

"Fine." He said, he lifted his fun and began walking towards me.

He held out his hand for me, he helped me up and I dusted myself off.

I wrapped my arms around myself again, and followed the man.

"How new are you?" He questioned after moments of silence.

"What?" I asked.

"How many times have you shifted?" He asked.

"I've never." I breathed out.

We continued walking, he would look at me every so often, and I would return the gaze.

"You don't look like James." He said.

"None of us did, not even my dad." I shook my head.

"We're here." He nodded his head towards a group of trailers.

A few people were gathered around a fire, wrapped up in blankets, blank expressions written on their faces.

"Maddie! Connor!" The man yelled.

Two headed lifted up, they stood up carefully and they rushed towards us. Questioning looks spread across their faces as they looked me over.

"This is Samantha, James's niece, welcome her to the pack, she needs to be chained in an hour. This is her first full moon." The man instructed.

"Alright." The girl nodded. "Hi I'm Maddie." She said sticking her hand out to me.

"Samantha." I shook her hand gently.

"This is Connor." She motioned to the tall brunet next to her.

"Hi." He smiled, showing a dimple on his left cheek.

"Hi." I mumbled.

"Let's show you around." He motioned.

I followed the two teenagers towards the fire.

"So how did you turn?" Maddie questioned linking her arm with mine.

"Excuse me?"

"How did you turn, ya know, who did you kill?" She asked.

"Uhh, my sister." I mumbled.

"Ouch," she whispered. "Mine was this boy named Trevor, he uhh, he tried to jump me and I accidentally killed him."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, we all have a reason why we turned." She shrugged.

"So this is the pack." Connor cleared his throat.

I looked at the large amount of people gathered around the fire. I counted over one hundred heads, as Connor began going off naming all of the people.

"How many of you are there?" I questioned Maddie.

"Two hundred and nine, counting you now." She smiled.

"Perfect." I whispered.

A piercing scream erupted from the crowd as a body fell to the ground, a whole pieced through his chest.

"Klaus." I smiled.

"Let's get to work Anna." He said with a wicked smile.

Okay there's chapter thirty I hope you all liked it. :) first one to comment will get a dedication next chapter :)