nineteen

Alexa was almost asleep on Mason's chest, so she decided to head to bed. "I'm coming with you!" Sophia tiredly stood up and escorted her bestfriend upstairs. They separated in front of the two bedrooms and each of them fell asleep right away.

Mase and Kai were still up watching something on TV. "Is everything alright Mase?" Kai suddenly asked and looked at his best mate. "Why wouldn't it be?" Mason asked back. "I know you too well, you realise that right? Something happened at the dinner or am I wrong?" Kai raised his eyebrows and Mason sighed. "It's hard to explain." Mason said. "That's okay, just tell me, I don't care, how long it takes. "Kai patted Mase's shoulder amd smiled. "I don't want you to be mad at me, you have to understand that I would never want to hurt Alex." Mason said staring at the ground. "But?" Kai asked. "When we were eating, I got a message from Luna." Mason said. "Luna as your ex girlfriend Luna?" Kai asked surprised. "Exactly..." Mason nodded. "She saw the posts on instagram and dmed me asking if I haven't moved too fast? If I broke up with her, because of Alexa or if I cheated. And it somehow hit me, that I started to think it over and over again." Mason sighed again. "Started thinking over what? You and Alex?" Kai asked. "Yee, I mean, you kniw better than anybody else that I care about her so much and that she makes me feel the way noone else has ever made me feel, but what if we jumped into it too fast. What if it will end soon, because we rushed into it so quickly. Also I hate that Luna feels like I cheated on her, cause I would never do that to anybody, but haven't I actually moved on too early and fast?" Mason looked at his friend helplessly. "Well that is a situation." Kai rubbed his chin, while thinking. "I would love to help you Mase, but since it's considering my sister and her feelings, I don't want to tell you, what to do, you have to understand that." Kai shrugged and looked at Mason's sad face. "I don't want to lose her or even worse, )hurt her..." Mason whispered. "We have two days left of this vacation, try to enjoy it and after we get home, you can make the decision." Kai said and Mason nodded. "Thanks brother!" Mason sighed and hugged his best mate.

The last two days were like nothing was wrong. Alexa was falling more in love and Mason felt those feelings too. However he couldn't shut the inner voices. Kai haven't said a word to Sophia about the talk he and Mase had, which made him feel a bit bad. On the other hand he knew, that she would probably want to solve it for them and help them, which wasn't a good idea. Mason has to figure out himself and talk to Alex as soon as possible.

Leaving day
"Hurry up or we'll miss the plane!" Sophia shouted, while already waiting downstairs with her suitcase. "Coming baby!" Kai shouted back and ran down the stairs.

"We have to go." Mason said, while kissing Alex. "I know" she said, but continued kissing him. "They will kill us." Mason smiled, while rubbing her cheeks with his thumbs. "I don't care." Alex pulled him even closer and didn't separated their lips for even a while.

"Guys! Come on for real now!!" Kai yelled from downstares making Mase and Alexa finally stop. "I can't wait to go home and have some privacy with only you." Alex blushed and hid in Mason's arms. "Ye" Mason put his head on hers and slightly smiled, but it faded away fast, when he started hesitating again.

They got to the airport on time and the plane was not late, which was perfect. Al lof them fell asleep in their seats, because those walks and adventure on their vacations were pretty exhausting.

The plane landed in London on time and after finding their suitcases, they all headed out. Kai and Sophia took one taxi to drive them home, while Mason and Alexa took another one. Alex put her head on Mase's shoulder and closed her eyes to rest, because she was really tired. Mason was looking out of the window, without saying a word.

The driver dropped them off at Alex's apartment, because Mason promised her to stay the night. He helped her with unpacking and after they finished dinner, they went to bed. Alex smiled and looked at Mason. "Let's finish, where we started in the morning." Alex smirked kissing Mason's neck. He moved a bit and turned around to look away from her. "Are you okay Mase?" Alex asked concerned. "I'm just too tired Alex sorry." He said and wished that would be it. Unluckily she knew him well and realised something was off. "Talk to me Mason, you can tell me anything you know that baby!" she gently rubbed his back. "I'm scared of hurting you Alex, I can't talk, please let's just sleep." Mason said making Alex sit up confused and nervous. "What do you mean hurting me?" She asked while looking at him. He finally sat up too and leaned back against the wall. "I was thinking Alex and I tried so hard to forget about the bad thoughts for the last three days, but I just can't." He sighed and couldn't even look at her. "What bad thoughts?" Alex asked scared. "All the doubts about us, it's too hard to let it go Alex, I'm sorry. I really tried, because you know how much I admire you." He continued before she stopped him. "Are you serious right now? So what is your resolution?" she crossed her arms in disbelief. "I want to be with you more than anything, but I think we were too fast. We should take a break and try again after a while, because I know, we are meant to be." he said still staring at the ground. He didn't want to see, how hurt she must be.

There was quite a long silence for like a minute, before Alex broke it. "I can't believe you, how could you?" She said and he could hear her sobbing. "Why didn't you talk to me on the vacation already?! Why? Why would you play with me like that and just push me off, right when we get home?! Why would you do with me, what we did this morning Mason?!" She yelled at him heartbroken. "It wasn't fake Alex, I do like you, we just need to start over and better." He said and tried to wipe away her tears. "Get out Mason." she whispered in between her sobs. "What?" He looked at her confused. "Please leave."