eight

"Hello mate, what's up?" Mason answered Kai's call acting like everything is normal. "Bro is that my sister there with you?" Kai asked making Mason grin. "Maybe." Mason said and Alexa subtly punched him in his shoulder to stop playing. He rolled his eyes at her and continued chatting with her brother. "Mason why is Alexa with you right now?" Kai kept asking. "I took care of her remember? She was completely knocked out." Mason said. "I know, but why is she there now?" Kai asked and Mason looked at Alexa calling for help with the answer. Alexa sighed and reached for the phone. "I'll just pass the phone to her okay?" said Mase to Kai and gave the girl his phone.

"Hi brother!" Alex innocently said. "What are u doing at Mason's?" Kai immediately asked. "Relax, I still felt sick in the morning, so your bestfriend offered me to stay for lunch, so I don't have to do it myself." she replied to her brother and looked at Mason, who showed her a thumb up and winked at her. "That's very nice of him, but you could have called me. I would pick you up." her brother said and sounded chill, which was what she wanted to achieve. "We can see each other tomorrow." she offered. "We have a practice." Kai responded. "Okay we'll figure something out." Alexa assured him. "Okay, talk to you later?" her brother asked. She agreed and hung up.

"Went good." Mason said and took his phone from Alex. "Because I'm good." she grinned and sat down. Mason rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to his phone.

"You know what?" he suddenly spoke to Alex after a while. "Hm?" she looked at him concerned. "You should come to the practice tomorrow." he offered her. She shockingly raised her eyebrows. "Why?" she laughed at him. "Because you're my baby now and I want you there." he smirked and she gave him a death stare, before she sighed. "You know what, you're right, it's time to play and show Declan that we'll win." she said. Mase gave her a proud smile and nodded. "We definitely agree on this." he said and reached out his hand to her. Alex accepted and shook his hand.

It was time for Alex to finally go home. She thanked Mason for taking care of her drunk self and took a taxi home.

She entered her apartment and the smell of her own home felt perfect and finally relaxing. Alexandra lay down on her couch, but ended up falling asleep, because she was too tired to do something.

She woke up confused at 11am the next morning. She took her phone to look at the time and what she missed. "What the hell- How did I sleep for such a long time." she laughed at herself and looked at other messages.

Conversation between Alexa and Mason:

17:38
Hi it's me, Mase obvi, just
checking if you got home safely

18:05
Cool you're not replying👏

18:27
Well if you're dead or something,
I'm really grateful that I was
the last person to see you😃

18:56
Hey are you home or not? Your
brother's gonna kill me, if
something has happened to you

21:47
Come on Alexa, answer the
fucking phone! Is everything all right?!

If you're just pranking me, i swear to
god it's not funny anymore so stop it right now

Alex I'm begging you, pick up the
damn phone.

1:19
Kai is really worried, so he is coming over. If it's some kind of your stupid jokes, I'll kill you myself.

Alexa laughed so hard, while reading the conversation. However, she also felt really bad, because they had to be actually worried, at least Kai had to. She called him right away to explain.

"Hi hello, Kai are you mad?" she asked stressed. Kai just laughed and answered in his soft voice. "No of course not! Why would I be? You just scared the shit out of me for a while. Mason said, he can't reach you and that he thinks something could have happened to you, so we waited. You did not answer, so I went to your apartment to check on you." Kai said and Alexa felt relieved. "You were here?" she asked confused. "Yep, I found you sleeping so I was calm again and left you resting." he said. "You're the best, I'm so sorry again for not answering. I was just really tired." Alex softly laughed. "No worries, see you at the practice!" Kai said and hung up.

Alex looked at the phone confused. "How does he know that I'm coming?" she asked herself, before realising Mason must have spoken to her brother.

Speaking of the devil, Mount's name appeared on the phone screen. "Hey can you open the door?" Mason asked leaving Alexa in shock. "What? Door, like my apartment door?!" she asked confused. "Obviously." he said and hung up.