Chapter 8

"Rain, don't be stupid, you can't come here. What if you catch what I have got? I will be fine but for you it would be dangerous." Sky croaks out before breaking down into a coughing fit that last almost a full minute.

Rain pulls his phone away from his ear and frowns at it as if his friend can see him. Once Sky stops coughing, he brings the phone back. "You don't sound fine. Someone should take care of you." Rain says.

"You can't come here, and you know why. Just leave my assignments outside the door. Could you pick me up some medicine and leave it too, I am almost out." Sky says. "Don't you dare set foot inside the house. Promise me, or do I need to talk to P'Phayu?"

Rain sighs, "I promise."

When he hangs up, Ple says, "How's Sky doing?" They are at lunch, Rain is leaning against P'Phayu and his friends, Ple, Sig, and Por are sitting across from him. Sig and Por are horsing around not really paying attention to their conversation.

"He sounds awful," Rain says. "I wish there was someone who could check on him, he made me promise not to come by."

"Of course you can't," P'Phayu says. Ple looks momentarily confused. "I know the perfect person to check on Sky though and he can take him medicine and his assignments as well, so Sky won't have to get up to get them. Pai would be happy too."

"Oh, yeah. I didn't think of P'Pai he could check on Sky for me." Rain says with a smile. He scoots closer to P'Phayu and the senior puts his arms around him, momentarily laying his hand on Rain's abdomen gently. Neither notice Ple's eyes widen at this seemingly innocent caress.

As soon as Pai finds out Sky is sick he is ready to rush to his house right then and there, but Rain tells him Sky will be mad if he skips classes. Besides if he waits until the end of the day, Rain can give him all Sky's assignments. It's an excruciating wait, but Rain is right. Most likely Sky will kick him out of his house anyway no need to give him another reason. At the end of the day, he gets Sky's assignments and the extra house key from Rain so he can let himself in if Sky is sleeping.

"I tried to call Sky," Rain says looking worried, "to tell him you were coming to bring his things, but he didn't answer. I sent him a text but it's not showing read."

"Probably turned his phone off so he could sleep." Phayu suggests but Pai doesn't like the sound of it. He was going to stop by the store for supplies first but now he wants to get to Sky's house to check on him as quickly as possible. He is worried about him. Pai can't help but curse the traffic between the university and Sky's house. Everyone seems to be moving so slow. Why didn't he bring his bike today?

He is out of the car the minute he stops, not even bothering to grab Sky's assignments. He has a bad feeling, and he needs to see Sky right now. He doesn't even stop to knock, even though he knows if nothing is wrong Sky will be angry at him for just barging in.

"Sky!" he yells as he enters the house but there is no reply. He glances in each of the rooms until he thinks he hears a small groan from the back of the house. To his horror he finds Sky on the floor as if he has passed out. He gives another small groan and Pai is by his side in an instant. He picks the omega up and lays him back on his bed, feeling his forehead. Sky is burning up.

Pai reaches for his phone and calls the doctor that P'Pakin keeps on staff for the races. He is always willing to make a house call for a little extra money and P'Pakin doesn't mind if they use his services when he isn't needed for races.

While they wait Pai grabs a damp cloth and wipes the sweat from Sky's face. He notices Sky's breathing has an alarming liquid sound go it and hopes the doctor gets there soon.

The doctor listens to Sky's lung with a frown, then takes his temperature and checks his vitals. Finally, he says, "It appears to be the flu which has caused him to have Pneumonia and possibly bronchitis as well. I will leave antibiotics, make sure he takes them all. Also, some cough medicine. I recommend getting a humidifier, it will help ease his breathing. When he can make him sit up as much as possible. I will give him a shot now that should help." He takes in Pai's concerned face and says, "Don't worry young man, he will be fine. Especially with such a caring alpha by his side."