Chapter 1

Rain brings the last of the boxes in the house. He wonders again why the two of them have so much stuff, especially since the house they are renting comes fully furnished. Sure there are clothes, books, and plenty of items with sentimental value, not to mention Rain's nesting supplies, but their little SUV had been packed full.

"Mama," Rain calls when he is finished, "I'm going to look around the neighborhood,"

"Alright, Raindrop, just be careful. We don't know anyone here yet." His mother calls back. "I will order dinner for tonight, so be back in a couple hours. Tomorrow we will unpack everything and go grocery shopping."

"Yes, mama," Rain answers, almost running out the door. He is excited about the move and is dying to look around the neighborhood. In Korea they had lived with his mama's parents in a small town. In comparison, Bangkok is huge and seems full of adventures.

A few doors down from their house, Rain spots a fellow omega about his age sitting outside reading a Manga.

"HI, I'm Rain," he tells the boy. "I love that series, is that the latest one?"

The boy sighs and puts down the book as if Rain is annoying him, but he says, "I'm Sky and yes this is the episode that just came out yesterday."

"Oh, cool. I will have to look for it when mama and I go shopping tomorrow. We just moved in," Rain waves vaguely towards his house. "Do you live here with your parents?"

"This is my uncle’s house but I live here by myself. My dad is in Lopburi, so I moved here to go to school." Sky says.

"What school? I am going to be in my final year of highschool." Rain says.

Sky names the school and Rain grins, "Ooh me too. I hope we have classes together, it will be nice to know someone."

Sky shrugs at this and picks up his book. Rain is distracted by two cool looking bikes pulling up at the convenience store across the street. The men get off their bikes and remove their helmets, Rain feels his mouth drop open at the most handsome alpha he has ever seen.

"Don't even think about it." Sky says not looking up from his book.

"What?" Rain says, his voice taking on a slight high pitch. "I wasn't thinking about anything."

Sky gives him a knowing look. "Those are P'Pakin's men, P’Phayu and P’Pai, they pretty much run all the neighborhoods around here. Trust me those guys are nothing but trouble."

Rain stares at the man in awe. Is Sky saying these guys are real life mafia? The only knowledge Rain has of the mafia is from series and movies. The alpha turns his head to look at Rain and Rain drops his eyes quickly, embarrassed that he has been caught staring.

When Rain gets back home his mama is waiting for him. "Raindrop, bad news, my boss called. I need to go out of town for a business meeting. I'm sorry, I wanted to help get you settled into your new school first."

"It's okay, mama, I am almost eighteen and I can take care of myself." Rain says. “I will unpack the house and put everything away while you are gone.”

“How was I blessed with such a good boy,” his mama smiles at him and puts a hand on his cheek.

“Just good luck I guess,” Rain answers cheekily. “Oh, guess what, one of the neighbors is a boy my age, an omega.” Rain adds the last part quickly when his mama looks at him. He knows how his mama feels about alphas and omegas hanging out together, she has made Rain promise to stay away from alphas until he is in university. Although Rain secretly feels she would extend the rule beyond that if Rain wouldn’t be of age and able to make his own decisions by then.