12. Boyfriend

The next day I come down stairs, not expecting Gavi to be there, but he is. At this point I should starting being more surprised if he's not in my house.

I blush at the sight of him, keeping my head down as I wander over to the fridge in hopes of giving my face some time to cool down.

"Hola cariño," he says. I glance over my shoulder and see him smirking as he looks up from his phone.

"Hey," I say, peering into the living room for my brother.

"He went upstairs to grab something," Gavi informs me. "He'll be back in a minute. So if you have anything to say to me first..."

I close the refrigerator door and sigh.

"No words?" he says, his smiling only growing. 

I roll my eyes, going over to sit beside him. I lay my head down on the counter. "I do not need to give you anymore confidence then you already have."

He chuckles. "That's okay, I know what you're thinking. So what do you want to do today?"

I lift my head and give him a questioning look.

"Not like that," he says, tilting his head. "Do you want to hang out? Go on some sort of date?"

I shrug. "Whatever." Honestly I'd like to hang out with him today, but I don't like that that's the way I feel. "I don't have any plans."

"Great. Why don't you tag along to my practice, then we can find something to do afterwards," he suggests.

I head over to the stool beside him and sit down. I yawn. "Sounds good as long as I don't have to make any decisions today." I lay my head down on the counter.

A second later I feel Gavi rubbing my back. "I think we can arrange that."

I'm sitting in the stands of the practice facility watching the guys juggle and warm up. Usually I would think of them as my brother's friends, but lately they've been more. Gavi has been more. We've been getting to know each other a lot seeing as we're faking a relationship and all. I'm starting to wonder if we are in fact friends in some capacity.

Or something.

We're something; neither or us can deny that.

But as I sit, legs crossed, elbows resting on my knees, I watch him and my brother volley the ball back and forth and for a second I let myself imagine what it would be like if we were actually dating. No fake shit. He'd spot me watching him and smile before looking down at his feet, a pink tinge to his cheeks as if he's embarrassed even though he has no reason to be. When Xavi tells them to go to the changeroom he'd sneak over to me, glancing over his shoulder to make sure he doesn't get caught. He'd ask me where I wanted to go for lunch, and I'd hum, telling him I don't know. It would piss him off and make me want to do it again next time. To see the spark of passion in his eyes, the spark that only comes when he loves something so much and he wants to give it everything in the world, but there's something in his way.

"Adri." I snap out of my trance and see Gavi leaning on the fence in front of me.

I blink a few times. "Yeah?"

"I was asking you if you were bored yet," he says, rolling his ankle in circles.

"No," I respond automatically. I was daydreaming about what it'd be like if we were really dating.

He smiles. "Great, you can come every time."

Several good, slightly sexual jokes surface in my mind but I push them all down. No. I cannot have any real feelings for Gavi. All he is to me is my brother's annoying best friend.