CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"Come on princess, try breaking it from where you're standing now!" Kenji shouts through the training room from where he is standing. He wants me to break another piece of ironed concrete, it feels like it's the millionth or whatsoever.

"Why would this help me in dodging bullets, slamming through concrete walls and lifting up and invisible shield to surround and protect me?" I shout back, looking at me with my hands in my sides.

"It will help the concrete wall thing for sure! If you do this I'll get you a cookie!" He says, dead serious about the cookie, of course.

"Can't Castle try to toss the rock at me with telekinesis? And I try to shield myself against it?" I ask then turn to Warner. "Or would that break through the floor?"

"Don't worry too much love, this floor is strong enough to not break." Warner says whilst he turns of the treadmill.

I turn to Kenji, smiling. "Can we try it please?" I ask pouting at him.

"Don't ask me, J. You gotta ask the old man first." Kenji says whilst he puts his hands in his neck and leans against the wall. I turn around and look around the training quarters for any sign of Castle. Then a soft gentle voice comes from the showers.

"Kenji, I love helping with pleasure but stop calling me 'old man' for once. I'm not that old." Castle says whilst walking into the training room.

"Sorry Castle, love you." Kenji say winking whilst he blows an air kiss at Castle in the most feminine way and I have to try hard to not crack up in laughter.

"Castle," I say and he turns to me. " I was thinking, if maybe you could toss the ironed concrete at me? And then I could shield myself from it to see how good it'll work."

Castle looks at me and thinks. "Mhm, yes that is a good idea. Do you want to try it right away? Or later." He asks, smiling at me.

"Right away would be splendid, at least if it fits for you of course." I say.

"Okay, I have nothing other on my schedule right now so yes why not. Place yourself over there and prepare, tell me when your ready."

"Okay." I say, smiling while I walk towards the spot Castle pointed out not even a second ago. I place myself steadily on my feet and make sure I won't fall over. I pull at my ponytail and adjust it , making sure it's still neatly in place at the back of my head. As soon as I'm ready, I look up at Castle, I make my smile fade away and I replace it whit a serious thin concentrated line.

Castle looks at me, just as serious. "Ready?" He asks and I nod.

The next moment, the piece of ironed concrete floats my way and I'm staring at it concentrated as it increases in speed. Then somewhere outside the building I hear birds whistling and I know it's not possible to hear it because these walls are soundproof and too thick. And I think it's must be my mind toying with me, but I don't know why I think about it right now. I don't know why I imagine sounds of bird because I haven't heard a bird for over years and years. But yet, I'm hearing them and I don't know why and- "JULIETTE WATCH OUT!" before I know it I'm on the ground, a piece of concrete pressed into my stomach but I barely feel it because my powers are working at their best but I don't know how I managed to do it without thinking and concentrating on it.

The whole training quarter is bathing in silence, no one dares to say anything, no one dares to move except for Warner who snaps out of his astonishment and looks at Castle for permission.

"Mind if I use your powers for a second?" Warner asks, no emotion in his voice.

"Of course I wouldn't mind go ahead-" he can't finish what he was wanting to say because suddenly someone says no on a stern tone and it takes me eternal seconds it was me who did it.

"Love, why not?" Warner isn't worried, maybe because he senses I'm okay and he's already figured out what I'm about to do.

I nod at him in a questionable manner and he nods back and that's my cue to start doing something. I put my hands on either side of the ironed concrete and push it away from my body as if it's a pillow stuffed with feathers. I hear a gasp from Kenji, maybe because of the piece of concrete really is big, but I try to concentrate.

As I stand up from the ground, piece of concrete clutched firmly in my hands, I try not to let it fall. When I'm steadily on my feet, I look around the room, everyone is looking at me with a mixture of infinite horror and admiring looks.

I look at the ground and gently drop the piece of concrete, which falls to the ground in a not so gently manner. You can feel a hard thud go through the whole training quarters.

I drop to my knees in front of the piece of concrete and place my hands on top of it, I glance around the room one more time before I start pushing my fingers into the concrete and feel small pieces of stone, that must be the size of a grain of sand, slipping through my fingers. I start pushing and moulding the concrete to ashes. Whenever I come pass a piece of iron, I just bend it with one strong hand.

Suddenly I'm conscious about the aching and tickling feelings in my lungs as a cue I've been holding my breath for to long. The adrenaline that has been raging through my veins starts to fade away to as I break down the last pieces of concrete and blended the last pieces of iron. When I see the ravage of sand in front of me when I'm done, I know I've had enough training for today and I finally start to breath again buts feel the asthma taking over and I crack up in small wheezes.

"I don't know about you guys..." Breathe Juliette, breathe I tell myself. "But I'm going upstairs and take a nice bath or whatsoever." And with those words hanging in the air and my mantra that I should remember to breathe in my head, I head of to the elevator.

"Juliette, love wait!" I hear Warner shout, but the only thing I know now is that I need fresh air because my lungs are suffocating me and I can't take it any longer.

Warner is beside me in a second and pushes one of the elevator buttons, making the doors slide open. He guides me inside and when the elevator doors are fully closed, he starts talking. "What's wrong love?" He asks, oh so gently.

"Asthma... I think..." I manage to bring out.

He starts moving and suddenly he's in front of me. He cups my face with his hands and starts guiding me through the process of getting my ragging breath back to normal.

"Try breathing mouth in nose out. Try that, take your time." He whispers the last thing as if we have nothing on our schedule and we have all the time of the world but it's not true. But I try to focus on his voice, on his eyes and how his golden lashes reflect the elevator light.

"That's good, steady. Try breathing through your nose step by step, you'll be okay. You're okay, don't worry clear your mind."

And piece by piece I feel how my breathing is starting to get to normal again. "Thank you." I whisper and he pulls me into a hug. I hug him back and inhale his soap scent mixed with sweat from the training.

"You'll have to take a bath love, to calm a little. I'll fill it for you, do you think you can get yourself some clothes on your own?" He asks as he pulls away and cups my face again, looking into my eyes and I focus on the green again.

I nod. "Yes, I can do that." I whisper and as the doors slide open, Warner helps me outside and then rushes forward to fill the bath and I start making my way to the closet. Thinking why it could be that I'm suddenly so exhausted and distracted. It's not like me, actually it is but not as much anymore, to get distracted. It must've been the rush of adrenaline.

I push the button and head inside looking for some clothes, nothing to heavy, to wear. I will need to get some strength because in two days from now... We're on a ship to Europe...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry! I had major projects at school and tests and exams were suffocating me but I will be able to update soon! Hopefully you liked this chapter!

Sorry once again! I love y'all!❤️😘