Chapter 3

Present.

Nate's POV

I know that smells. But I just don't remember. Hmmmm. Maybe I smell it from some perfume vendor since I went to the mall last Friday. You never know those promo girl, they just spray it everywhere near you so that you could buy it. Come on, I'm a guy. At least spray on some cologne. That I could accept. I should stay for a while with Chuck. Now I have nowhere to go. If he didn't start those topics. Screw it. Maybe I ought to go check out my office, if I missed any articles that I need to approve.

New York City. Yellow cab everywhere. Hectic city with all crowd with all different kind of dream. Dream. I looked up. Looking at the high sunlit clouds drifted across a clear blue sky.

Ahhh. The cloud look nice today.

Despite, the noises around me yet I'm at ease. I continued walking to my office build. I'm grateful although my financial, well is like a crap rite now. We still afford this building. Thanks to Dan. And Bart. He died and almost all my problems settle. Now all the burden released.

Yet. I'm now alone.

I entered the building. Walking towards the elevator. It quite late. So not many people around. Even there are people, they are too busy talking to their cell phone or heading to somewhere with scrolls of papers and that stuffs.

I push the button and the elevator door was opened. I entered into it and push on my floor levels. Level 25. Yet before the elevator door close, the door opens back. I look at the door with wonder. Come in a lady in red, wearing black muffler around her neck. She was carry a handbook in the arms.

"Sorry" politely she said it. It was her. I think so. And this is it. The smells. I knew it I smell it before. It smells like vanilla. I reached my hand out, tries to give a small pat at the shoulder. But my hand held there. I slipped my hand in my pocket. I clear out my throat a little. Adjust my tie a little bit. Take a small exhaled. Fuh. Wait. What if she, wasn't her? No Nate. Come on. Hold yourselves together.

"Um, Sara?" I asked in slow voice. She turned her back facing me. It is her. Positive. I smiled at her. But she making a weird face.

"I think you got a wrong person" she said it silvery with her softly spoken voice.

"I sure it's you. Don't you remember me?" She checks me out, up and down, making a blank faced in confused she slowly shakes her head signing 'NO'. Maybe she didn't recognise me. At that time I was wearing a cap and a sweater and now I'm all suited up. Calmly I said,

"Remember that time you were lost at the First Ave? I took you to the place that you wanted to go. I even carried your bags" I tittered a bit, covering my mouth with my hand. She looked down. It was quiet at that time since only both of us in the elevator. Suddenly she look up, making a small fist-palmed, like finally she gets it.

"Oh! It was you. A month ago. You helped me."

"Now you remember" I smiled at her. She seems blushed a little. "What are you doing here?" I continued.

"I'm here for an internship" She replied. Yet she kept looking down. Why is she so shy?

"Really? In this building?"

"Yes. At Mode."

"Really? Wow! that was great. We worked in the same building then." I said. I reached out my card holder and take a piece of card.

"This is my card." I gave her my business card. She takes it with slight bow at me. And she read,

"Nathaniel"

"That's my name" I smiled at her yet she again avoid eye contacts with me. And again silent conquer the spaces.

Ting.... I reached my floor. I excused myself before I went out. Up till now, still no replies. I make my way out and unexpectedly she holds the elevator door and spoke

"Will you go to dinner with me?" she stutter. "I haven't gave you a proper thank" she continued.

I'm a bit shock because this girl barely talk to me and she asked me to go dinner with her.

"Sure. I will meet you at lobby. How about at 8?" I acted cool. I looked at her. She nodded and smiles at me. The elevator door closed. She gives me a smile that just seems so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of shyness that unexpected warmth rushes through me. She looks so cute. I don't know to believe myself or it is just a hallucination. I stupidly stands there alone for a minute.

I guess it is a date.

*********************************************************

Finally. My third day of writing. I haven't reached my target this week before I started quite late. But nothing can stop me! P.s: there is some Ugly Betty characters and theme that I will used.*TeeHee

Lot of love, xoxo