Giran

Izuku ducked into an alley as he waited for his bullies to follow. He didn't have any big meetings for a few days, so he figured now was as good a time as any to let them leave a few bruises. Ito, or knock-off Kacchan as Izuku liked to think of him, charged into the alley with his fists raised and Izuku resisted the urge to roll his eyes. All of a sudden a taller man with a similar build to Ito followed him into the alley.

"Yo, Mom wanted you home early today, or did you forget?"

Ito scoffed at the man, who was apparently his brother, "I'm kinda in the middle of teaching some nerd a lesson, I'll be home soon."

The man glanced over at Izuku, then froze. Izuku could see the gears turning in his head and Izuku smiled slightly. He remembered hearing that Ito's older brother was a drug dealer for one of the local gangs, Izuku couldn't remember if he'd ever gotten around to working with them, but the brother had apparently heard of him, if his obvious fear was any indication.

"Dude." The brother grabbed Ito's shoulder and turned him away. "Don't mess with that one."

He glanced back at Izuku, who smirked and raised an eyebrow at him. Ito followed his brother's gaze and Izuku gave his best terrified teenager look, laughing internally at the intense confusion that crossed the brother's face.

"What the fuck are you talking about? This nerd's a good for nothing quirkless weakling!"

"Shut up!" The brother hissed, then turned to Izuku and bowed slightly. "I am so sorry about my brother's behavior, I'll take him home now."

He grabbed Ito by the arm and dragged him out of the alley as Izuku tried not to laugh. As he climbed the fire escape to take a shortcut to his base, he could still hear Ito yelling, "What was that? Why did you protect that damn nerd?"

Izuku shook his head. Looks like he might need to find a new bully.

"Ugh." Izuku groaned as he hung up the phone and Shouto started to rub circles onto his back.

"What is it? Are your clients being annoying again?"

Izuku shook his head, "No, it's just...Giran hasn't really been the same since he was abducted."

Shouto nodded, "Yeah, I mean they did torture him for no good reason, but he refused to talk, so I mean, he's still Giran, right?"

Izuku huffed, "You'd think so, but I think staying silent took the last bit of backbone he had left." He dragged a hand down his face. "I hate to say it, but...I think Giran's gone soft."

Shouto sighed, "That's annoying, he was one of the best brokers in the underground. It's a shame to lose someone like him."

Izuku looked at Shouto, "Have you been having any problems with him recently?"

Shouto shrugged, "I remember Shigaraki complaining about some of our shipments being sub-par, but then again, it's Shigaraki, so he's always complaining about something."

Izuku nodded absently, "I remember hearing he'd dropped a few clients too. I mean," Izuku thought for a minute, "I feel bad, because he really helped me get on my feet when I was just starting out, but I've been finding clients almost entirely on my reputation most of my career, so I don't really need him anymore, especially not if he keep going this way."

"So you're going to drop him?" Shouto asked.

Izuku frowned, "Yes, it's just..." he groaned. "I'm concerned that things are going to get worse. I've heard of what happens to villains who start going soft. First it's just sub-par work, then it's losing the conviction to do what needs to be done, then soon enough, they're turning to the heroes and asking for a plea deal."