Endeavor

Endeavor was hosting a press conference.

He practically growled when yet another reporter had the audacity to question his property damage. Seriously? Who cared if a few buildings burned down as long as he put those villain scum where they belonged? He wouldn't even be holding this press conference but his PR team insisted that it was important to be visible if he wanted to maintain his place as the number one hero, especially since some idiot wannabe reporter had released his sealed property damage reports yesterday. He was going to find whatever idiot thought that was a good idea and ruin their career, but first, he had a press conference to get through.

"Endeavor, what do you have to say about your missing son, Shouto? Are you any closer to finding him?"

Endeavor grit his teeth. Of course they were trying to bait him by reminding him that his masterpiece was still missing, "There have been no leads at this time, but I assure you that I will find Shouto and bring him home. Those villains are going to regret taking my son."

"Well, that's rather rude, isn't it Father?" All eyes went to the speaker and Endeavor's eyes widened as he saw his son walking up behind the mass of reporters, the villain Dabi smirking beside him, "If you wanted to talk to me so badly, you could have just asked. No point in making threats if you can't follow through with them."

The reporters parted to let Shouto and Dabi through, most scrambling to get out of the way of a known villain while the braver ones shoved mics in Shouto's face. Both kinds were ignored as Shouto and Dabi continued moving toward Endeavor, staring at him steadily. Endeavor cursed. He wanted to attack Dabi, but couldn't risk harming Shouto, not to mention the impact it would have on his rating if any of these stupid reporters ended up as collateral damage.

Shouto had changed since he last saw him. He'd cut his hair, for one, wearing it in some ridiculous style that was popular among the uncultured masses for some reason. Endeavor scowled. He'd have to make sure Shouto grew his hair out again so he looked dignified and set himself apart from the rabble. He also carried himself with more confidence, which Endeavor would be almost proud of if his masterpiece wasn't walking side by side with a villain without attacking him.

Shouto's outfit was frankly ridiculous, it was almost as if he'd picked it out to match Dabi , but that couldn't be right. His masterpiece would never sink so low, so it was probably some horrific coincidence or something the villains had forced him into. He wore a dark red tank top and black jeans with holes in them. He'd paired the outfit with a billowing navy overcoat similar to Dabi's, except without sleeves, showing off his muscular arms. Another unfortunate choice Endeavor would have to beat out of him.

Shouto felt powerful. He could hear whispers running through the crowd, wondering if he'd escaped and what he was doing with a member of the league. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see a few horrified expressions as some of the smarter reporters connected the dots. Good.

Endeavor was scowling at him, most likely judging his new aesthetic and fantasizing about the best way to beat it out of him. Too bad he'd never get the chance. He could see Endeavor mentally weighing the benefits of flat out attacking Dabi right then, but Shouto knew his father wouldn't be able to without risking his ever important popularity rating. Endeavor was predictable, if nothing else.

It was going to make him easy to kill.

"Shouto. I give you permission to freeze that villain." Oh, so that's how Endeavor was going to play this, huh? Just give Shouto emergency permission, then he won't have to worry about his popularity going down even if there was collateral damage because what father wouldn't encourage his son to protect himself?