Found

Shoving my clothes into a back pack, rushing around the apartment I grab the last of my things. Okay I think I've got everything. My body stills as there's a small knock on the door. I don't move, maybe it's the landlord. "Lilah we know your in there" that same voice again! He followed me! What does he mean 'we'. I quickly hurry to grab a hoodie putting it on before grabbing the backpack and making my way to the fire escape. I look back to see the door handle moving but not opening. I'm so glad I locked it before.

I quietly jump down onto the fire escape  making it down a couple stairs before I'm suddenly stopped in my tracks. Darias. "What do you want?" I say in gritted teeth. His face was serious, his posture tall and dominant. "I just want to help" why does everyone keep saying that. I slowly back my way up the stairs before hurrying inside the window shutting it behind me. Just as I do the front door smashes open. Fuck!

The guy from before walks through the door with a couple men behind him. The window behind me opens allowing Darias to climb through, this could not get any worse. I'm trapped. "Darlin, calm down. We just want to talk" Darians voice was some how soothing but not enough to distract me from this threatening situation. "Then why the fuck did you break in!" I yell, "you were going to run away" one of the men say. "And you really needed all these men for back up" I look at them all in disgust.

My eyes dart between the 5 of them, I sigh. "I don't want any trouble. I didn't mean to hurt those people, let me get my stuff and leave" I say calmly. I notice Darias and another man make eye contact. "That's not true. You meant to hurt them, you just lost control" the man says, is he fucking serious! "I was defending myself!" I yell. Suddenly all the light bulbs smash, I look around to see the peices of shattered glass on the floor.

A sigh leaves my lips. Not helping me prove my point. "Lilah, please. Just let us help you" the man takes a step closer to me. "How? Your not going to help, your just going to hand me over to them. I'm not going back!" If he took another step I was ready to set this whole place on fire. The man before me looks at me confused "who's them?" He's  acting! "Please. Just leave me alone" I'm exhausted, my body's struggling to stay standing. To my surprise one by one leave the flat until its just me, Darias and the man from before.

"We're going to leave you alone, can you just let me take care of that cut first" the man says slowly walking towards me. What cut? His eyes divert to my cheek. Pulling my hand to my face I lightly touch it before looking at my finger. A small bit of blood coats my index finger. I hadn't realised how hard that man had hit me. I'm focused by the blood I don't realise the two men coming closer to me. "Just let me have a look" he whispers softly as he gets closer looking at my cheek. I flinch slightly as he puts his hand near my face.

"It's okay" he says softly. What's he doing? Before I can do anything else I feel a small pinch in my arm, whipping my head round I see Darias at my side with a small syringe in his hand. What the fuck! "What! W-what did you do?" My words felt slow and heavy. The word seems to have slowed down. I try to use my magic but it's not working. Suddenly my legs give out but my body doesn't hit the hard floor. "Shhh it's okay. Just rest, darlin" my eyes feel like boulders, too heavy to keep open. Soon pitch black takes over my vision and everything goes quiet.