Chapter 9

The next morning Hawthorne and I made our way to the Spring Realm. We rode on Buck of course who was more than happy to take us. The closer we got though, the more I felt strange. "What's wrong?" Hawthorne asked. "I don't know. I feel sick." "Hmm. That's odd. Fairies don't get sick, but I guess you are still somewhat human despite being here in this world. Should we stop and go back?" "No" I said weakly. "I want to see it." 

I didn't know what it was, but while something was pushing me to go back, something was also telling me to stay. That it was of utmost importance that I saw the Spring Realm. I decided that nothing was going to stop me. "If you're sure" Hawthorne said, sounding hesitant. "I'm sure." 

Buck slowly carried us to the entrance of the Spring Realm. I tried to climb down but nearly fell off. "Alexa!" Hawthorne cried, lowering me to the ground in his arms. "I'm okay. I just need to rest" I said, suddenly feeling very sleepy. "Alexandria!" Hawthorne yelled as I closed my eyes. I just needed some sleep then I'd be fine...

 I must have drifted off to dreamland for when I awoke, I was standing before the Great Tree. The ruler of the realms was there as well, still just as beautiful. "Are you ready to fully awake, Dear?" She asked. "What do you mean?" "Are you ready to become your true self once more?" "I guess" I said, confused. "Then awaken!" "But how?" "Touch the tree." "Are you sure?" The woman nodded and I tentatively stepped forward. "Go on" the woman encouraged. I closed my eyes and touched the tree. I felt its light go through me and when I opened my eyes, I knew I had changed... 

Hawthorne stood over me, looking like he was in shock. "What's wrong?" I asked. "La...Laverna?" He asked like he had seen a ghost. I sat up and looked at my arms. Everything looked the same. "Hold on" Hawthorne said, picking me up. He carried me over to a lake where I could see my reflection. When I did, I screamed and scrambled back. My once long blond hair was a shorter brown and my blue eyes were now green. "What...What's going on?" "You...you're Laverna." "What do you mean I'm Laverna? My name is Alexandria" I said like Hawthorne was the crazy one. "But...you look just like her. How do you feel?" "Different" I admitted. "It can't be" Hawthorne said, sounding just as confused. "What happened when you fell asleep?" "I awoke near the Great Tree." "And?" "The woman there asked me if I was ready to awaken to my true self." "What does that mean?" "I don't know." Hawthorne pursed his lips. "I guess it means we need to pay her another visit. Buck, take us to the Great Tree." Hawthorne put me on Buck's back and climbed on behind me. "Away Buck!" Hawthorne cried and Buck hurried away in haste. It was time to get some answers.