Chapter 15-Maverick

*DISCLAIMER/trigger warning: This part has talks of drugging and potential r*pe. I want to make you all aware of ahead of time. Please note-these are very serious issues and I know some people cannot read them. That being said-it is very tame-the act itself is not portrayed but rather just talked about. That being said...

Maverick POV-

It's late but I can't sleep. The interaction today at Hank's shop is still playing in my head. I knew it was only a matter of time when Xander would try to meet Kennedy, but I was silently hoping it would never come.

Wishful thinking.

I'm vaguely paying attention to the repeats on Sports Center when my phone starts ringing on the coffee table. I look over at it confused to see Hank's name pop up.

"Hey Hank. Little late for a call from you."

He sighs over the phone and instantly the hair on the back of my neck rises.

Something's wrong.

"Listen, I'm sure it's nothing..."

"What do you need me to do?" I'm already heading to my room to pull on a shirt, leaving my sweat pants on, so I can go where he needs me.

"Ken went to meet Xander-"

"I told her to stay away from him!"

I snap and clench my fist that isn't holding my phone.

"She's a big girl Mav. I'm just being paranoid. Can you just go and make sure she's alright? She mentioned something about going racing? I'm not sure where that would be."

I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose closing my eyes.

"I know where it is. Don't worry. I'll make sure she's safe Hank."

"Thanks Mav. I owe you."

Before I can reply he hangs up. I can't believe she went to hang out with him after I told her not too! Xander is a terrible influence and someone who only cares about one thing.

Himself.

But I shouldn't be surprised that she went to see him either. Tempting Kennedy to go racing is like offering candy to a baby, she couldn't help but say yes.

As I'm driving to the spot where they do the races, I realize just how long ago since I've been in the scene. I got away from the drugs and recklessness that everyone here does and I'm better for it. It's just too bad some people don't pull away.

I park my truck in an empty spot, it's more crowded tonight than I've seen in a while. Finding Kennedy is definitely going to be difficult. As I'm passing by people a few nod in my direction or gape at me, surprised I'm here at all.

Me too.

I look ahead to see Hawk, one of Xander's buddies talking to someone pointing to the inside of the hood of a car. I stormed over to him. I wait until I'm about a foot away before I release some of my anger.

"Where is he?"

Hawk looks up at me and his eyes widen slightly, jaw hanging open, but he quickly recovers.

"I don't know who you're talking about, man."

I grab a fistful of his shirt pulling him close to me.

"I won't ask again." I growl out.

"Alright man. He's over in the pit with that new chick showing her around."

I shove him out of my face and he stumbles backwards into the car. I jog down the street where they have the racers prepping trying to catch a glimpse of the green eyed siren. My heart racing the longer I don't see her.