Chapter 11-Kennedy

Chapter 11

Kennedy's pov

I could feel my smile before I fully woke up.

I cracked my eyes open slowly to see that I was in Maverick's room alone. Last night, I stripped him of his clothes and I couldn't stop myself. If he didn't stop us, we would have had sex, and I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad that he stopped it.

I sit up and stretch my arms over my head. I toss the blankets off my legs and try to find my clothes but they are nowhere to be seen. Instead I see what I assume Maverick's shirt folded on the nightstand next to me. I smile from his thoughtfulness and pop his shirt over my head, breathing in his cedar and musk smell.

I walk down the stairs and hear light talking in the kitchen.

"Nothing? I thought you would have." Brody sounded like he was pouting.

"Trust me, I wanted to. But I didn't want to take advantage of her."

I pause when I hear Maverick. My heart swelled at his comment. I wrap around the corner to find only Brody and Maverick in the kitchen, drinking coffee.

"Morning, boys."

"Morning Ken!" Brody smiles brightly at me, lifting his mug in my direction. "Coffee?"

"Please!" I hop onto a bar stool next to Brody when I see Maverick turn his body to grab a mug from a cupboard.

"How do you take your coffee, Kennedy?"

"One sugar, please."

I see Maverick nod his head, with his back still to me. Brody stands and bumps his shoulder with mine.

"I'm heading in the living room."

I watch him head out of the kitchen. I feel a body behind me and I look at the counter top to see Maverick placing a cup of hot coffee in front of me. He keeps his hand placed on the counter and I feel his mouth brush against my ear, making me shiver.

"Sleep well?"

His voice gruff and runs deep to my core.

"Yes I did." My voice is breathier than I would have liked.

"Mmm, I'm glad to hear it."

I gasp and he chuckles while stepping away. Before I can go into it further, Palmer and Hannah walk into the kitchen. Hannah's hair is a rat's nest of red sitting on the top of her head. Her shirt, or rather Palmer's shirt, is hanging loosely over her body, exposing one of her shoulders.

"You look like you slept great, Hans."

Hannah scowls at me and steals my coffee, taking a seat next to me.

"How is it, you drank just as much, if not more than me and you look like you slept on a bed of roses?"

I laugh at her comment.

"Well little Hannah banana, last I checked in the world of you and I, you are a lightweight." I gesture to her and then wave at myself, "where as I am not."

"It's not fair." She pouts but continues to sip her coffee.

I roll my eyes, "I know Hans. Now, finish up my coffee, so we can go eat. I'm starving."

"Breakfast?!" Brody runs back into the kitchen where we all stop to stare at him. "What, I'm hungry and I was waiting for everyone to wake up so we can get going."

Palmer rolls his eyes.

"Let us get dressed and then we can go feed the beast over there."

I chuckle and head upstairs back to Maverick's room. Right before I went to close his door to change, I saw a very feminine hand on the wood.