His Enthusiasm #6

After I asked some more about the poetry, professor finally decided to give John a chance to speak, seeing that his best friend was in no mood to let him speak anytime soon

After I asked some more about the poetry, professor finally decided to give John a chance to speak, seeing that his best friend was in no mood to let him speak anytime soon. I didn't mind anyway, however John's weird faces were satisfying to watch.

"About time, thanks Prof" John muttered, giving me a look. I rolled my eyes.

Professor chuckled.

John asked, "We just wanted to confirm that how much it is important to have evidence for a claim in Islam? Like, what if a person does not provide evidence, is that acceptable?"

Professor took in John's question and he seemed to be thinking over it. I noticed, when he takes his time in answering the question, it was a sign to be prepared for a mini explanatory answer, something that I liked about him. He could have simply said 'yes' or 'no' and be done with that, rather he made sure the person understood his point of view and did not leave the questionnaire hanging in the middle by giving him puzzle pieces without the full picture. Likewise, professor made sure to give all the reasons why something was as it was.

Finally he said, "generally, a concept of evidence for a claim is something a human is born with. You will not see any human except they inquire for the evidence in certain situations. Like the case with a patient in the hospital, they would never allow you to see the patient unless they are certain you are a relative, hence for that, they ask you for your ID as an evidence.

Furthermore, Law study is all about evidence and so on. This shows the great importance of evidence. In Islam, it is similar but its importance is greater. So greater that if a Muslim deliberately lies against Islam, and provide evidences that are not actually proof for their claim, it is a grave sin. Speaking without knowledge when it comes to matters of the Religion, twisting the clear evidences just so they can cover up their false claim, is a cause for misguidance for that individual.

Then there is concept of blind following in Islam, due to some Muslims blind following there teachers or scholars, the importance of evidences increases even more. In Islam, a Muslim cannot blind follow anyone, not even the scholar he trusts the most, except for one person, the greatest man that ever lived and beloved Messenger and Prophet of this nation, Muhammad (may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him), he is to be blind followed and no one else.

The religion of Islam is perfect, and it possess great perfection because it is not a man-made religion, A Muslim is not the one who made the laws, rules, commandments and prohibitions in Islam. A Muslim only learns, listens and obeys his Lord. Certainly, when something is perfect, it is greatly honored, and when it is honored and preserved greatly, follower of Islam must be loyal to it and only speak that which Islam convey and he should not claim anything except that Islam has to have an evidence for it.

This is a really basic point which, sadly, majority of Muslims themselves fail to understand. It is that addition and subtraction in something that is naturally perfect does nothing except worsen it.
For we are trying to change something which was perfected years ago.