His Internal Discussion #2

"Wow -

"Wow -

"I know right -

"I can't believe you were stalking the same professor who gave you a taste of your own medicine just minutes ago. Where is your loyalty Michael Holmes!?" John interrupted, a fake shocked expression appearing on his face. He said the last statement dramatically, acting like my father.

I gave him a pointed look.

"You just understood this one stupid thing from my whole five minutes speech?" I muttered.

I've been telling John of everything that occured between professor Hassan and Habib.

"Of course - yes" he grinned earning a painful smack on his head from me.

"That hurt you ******"

"Just what you deserve" I smirked.

I looked around the cafe to notice those two lovey dovey couples were not present. Their group sat at a far corner in the cafe, laughing.

My mind went back to what professor Hassan said to Habib. According to the professor, this gathering is unlawful for all of them.

I din't see anything wrong in just talking to a female and apparently those Muslim group doesn't as well. Just as I thought this, Professor's words appeared on the surface of my mind, almost answering this doubt.

"this is about following the commands of Allah and leave that which He prohibited."

Let's just say I believed that we should follow the commands of God, and I started performing some really good deeds to impress him, what if this all turned out to be a big fat lie and next thing we knew I'm in the grave and the world came to an end and I didn't receive the reward for what good deeds I did.

Once again my mind told me to look at another side of this piece. What if this was all true and I committed bad deeds all my life thus displeasing the God, what if the punishment that these Muslims talk about is true and I had to endure it? 

But what if It's not true?

It's better to remain on the safe side, isn't it?

I may do good deeds and recieve no reward but I'll not have to endure the punishment at least, right?

But wait, according to the universal fact, everything has an opposite. So if there was a reward for good, then no doubt there was a punishment for bad.

But again, opposite of the truth is false so what Muslims believe could be false too, right?

What you believe could be false too. My mind remarked.

Ugh! This was so frustrating. Why did I even care about what they believed was true or not. Heck, why I had to torture my head with things that are not even my concern.