His Story Time - Pt. 2 #8

From Despair to Tranquility

Revert Story of Professor Hassan Davis.

Samuel Davis. Age 18, 1995.

***

"Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar"

He lifted up his head towards the mosque. He smiled, that man was never a minute late or a minute early.

He remained standing until he heard the microphone go off and the speaker went silent. He then waited.

It has been seven months since Samuel Davis moved in this area with his parents. In the beginning, Samuel made sure that his hatred for Islam and Muslims was apparent, so he took long route to his high school instead of the short one where a small mosque was.

Later on, the long route became annoying with car traffic, human traffic and all sorts of traffic. Samuel was forced to take the short one and boy, did it gave his mind a rest. It was always the same voice with the same words coming through the mosque speakers. After days of listening, Samuel thought he didn't mind since there were some sort of peace to it that calmed his mind. And so, he would always stop to listen before resuming his walk to school which was 10 minutes away.

Days passed and he started listening to the man (Imam) reciting their noble book....Qur'an.

He would stand their and listen until the end of the prayer and would go to the school afterwards.

This became his habit and soon he started to desire to listen more.

Today however, the voice was different. Samuel knew it the moment voice came through the speakers.

As the voice began reciting, it sounded of a very older man.

Halfway through the recitation, the voice became heavier and heavier. The reciter cried. So much so that it became difficult for him to continue any further. Samuel pushed away from the car he was leaning on, an unsettling feeling creeping into his heart. He looked around, but very few people were there.

Does this not effect them? Samuel thought, shocked.

He never heard any recitation of Muslim's Book where the reciter was crying like that. He shuddered inwardly. What could it be in that book that made a man cry? Moreover, what is in there that could make a mere listener's heart tremble?

Samuel swallowed, tearing his eyes away and walked to his school. The need to be away from the voice forcing his feet to walk faster. He didn't know why he was running away like that, he always liked listening to their Book. However today it was different, he liked to listen but he didn't like the feeling in his heart. He wasn't even a Muslim, why would it effect him?

That evening, Samuel took the long route.

Days passed and he started to question his father's religion, the bible, the other religions, the Atheism. Everything that was around him. Why bible or any other book was not capable of such effect like the Muslims Book? Why their Book is capable of bringing a man down to his knees? For his eyes to shed tears and for his heart to shake?