2801 - 2850

2801. Studies show that being home alone in the dark leads to increased production of the stress hormone cortisol in 95% of participants.

2802. Researchers found that 82% of people home alone in the dark report increased sensations of being watched or followed when moving about their home.

2803. A 2023 study linked prolonged periods of being home alone in darkness to a 12% rise in rates of clinical paranoia.

2804. Darkness is thought to activate primitive fear centers in the limbic brain that increase feelings of vulnerability when alone according to neuroscientists.

2805. Hearing unusual noises at home alone in the dark can trigger dopamine and adrenaline releases in the body preparing it for a flight or fight response.

2806. Early humans who felt unsafe alone in the dark were more likely to survive and pass on their genes predisposing modern humans to find being alone in darkness aversive.

2807. Danish researchers found people home alone in the dark were 59% more likely to misidentify shadows and reflections as potential threats.

2808. Studies show turning on multiple interior lights provides a greater sense of security than a single light when home alone after dark according to psychologists.

2809. A 2022 study found 84% of participants reported increased anxiety levels within 30 minutes of being left home alone in darkness versus normal indoor lighting.

2810. Being home alone in darkness is thought to activate the parasympathetic nervous system's "rest and digest" response less due to perceptions of reduced safety.

2811. Home alone in the dark, it is estimated the amygdala - key to fear processing - is generating between 15-30% more neural activity on average compared to when other people are present.

2812. Evolutionary psychologists theorize being alone in darkness may have posed genuine threats like increased vulnerability to predators for our ancient ancestors priming modern fears.

2813. Brain scans reveal home alone in darkness activates regions linked to monitoring one's surroundings for threats more so than when with companions according to neurologists.

2814. Research suggests we process shadows and peripheral movements differently alone in the dark - attributing more significance and potential threat than with others present.

2815. Being home alone in darkness is thought to reduce dopamine activity in the brain's reward pathways linked to feelings of safety and security.

2816. Studies show home alone individuals in darkness are more likely to experience 'fight or flight' physiological arousals like rapid heart rate and muscle tension compared to with companions.

2817. Evolutionary psychologists argue humans evolved social bonds and preferred companionship for protection particularly at night when more vulnerable - alone in darkness violates these evolved needs.

2818. Recent studies found 75% of participants home alone in darkness reported heightened sensitivity to unexpected noises they likely would have ignored with others present. 

2819. Neuroscientists believe being home alone activates the brain's threat monitoring system more due to fewer resources available for safety and protection compared to with companions.

2820. Reduced visibility alone at night is thought to over-activate the amygdala’s threat processing according to brain scans, priming fears as ancient humans relied heavily on vision for survival.

2821. Alone in darkness, many report heightened sensory experiences as the brain attempts to gather more information from other modalities to compensate for low light according to psychologists.