2221 - 2230

2221. Dreaming Helps Ease Painful Memories

2222. The timing of our need for sleep is based on two things. The first is how long we have been awake. The second is our body clock. If we stay awake all night we will feel more tired at 4am than at 10am. Scientists call the time between 3am and 5am the ‘dead zone’. It’s when our body clock makes us ‘dead’ tired.

2223. On an average, a person may dream for nearly two hours every night and can see up to 7 dreams in a single night!

2224. Drinking alcohol or taking any drug is basically you poisoning yourself. Speaking slowly and slurring after a drink, puking or sleeping is the body’s reaction intended to help you overcome the effects of the poison.

2225. Getting at least 8 hours of sleep can improve your immune function and help fight the common cold.

2226. Some studies show promise for the use of melatonin in shortening the time it takes to fall asleep and reducing the number of awakenings, but not necessarily total sleep time. Other studies show no benefit at all with melatonin.

2227. Dreams are can be an emotional rollercoaster, cycling through your feelings of the past day. The most common emotion is anxiety, which begs the question  why are we all so stressed.

2228. The happier you are, the less amount of sleep you are required to function in everyday life. Sadness increases your urge to sleep more.

2229. A person who sleeps a lot and barely steps outside home is often depressed and has a smaller friend circle.

2230. A person who sleeps a lot and barely steps outside home is often depressed and has a smaller friend circle.