2261 - 2270

2261. We tend to think of sleep as a time when the mind and body shut down. But this is not the case; sleep is an active period in which a lot of important processing, restoration, and strengthening occurs.

2262. The record for the longest period without sleep is 18 days, 21 hours, 40 minutes during a rocking chair marathon. The record holder reported hallucinations, paranoia, blurred vision, slurred speech and memory and concentration lapses.

2263. Not getting enough sleep and being hungry are biggest reason for being angry.

2264. Sleepwalking is also called somnambulism. Most sleepwalkers remember little, if anything, about the experience. While sleepwalking, a person can sometimes use the bathroom, eat, or even talk.

2265. Sleep deprivation may reduce your social skills and ability to recognize people’s emotional expressions.

2266. Before sleeping 90% of your mind begins to imagine the stuff you would like to happen.

2267. If you don't move for 15 minutes, you will fall asleep.

2268. Eighty-two percent of healthcare professionals believe that it is the responsibility of both the patient and the healthcare professional to bring up symptoms of insomnia during an appointment.

2269. Glucose is the fuel behind willpower. Mental work uses glucose, the crucial compound of willpower.

2270. During REM sleep you experience muscle paralysis to stop you from acting out your dreams.