Chapter Six: "Realistic Reverie"

I arrive safely at my destination and step out of the elevator. This room looks to be a lobby of sorts, given the information kiosk and the chairs set up around the area. Once again, I'm all alone here without a single employee or child in sight. Typical. At least, that's what I think until I hear that familiar jingle of the intercom.

"Glad to see you've made it!" Banban's ever-monotone voice greets me, although this time it sounds rather pleased. I'm a little perplexed by how he can be so composed all the time, but decide to keep quiet for now. "I don't know how you did it, but then again you survived a giant elevator crash, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised." He adds with a chuckle.

Way to rub salt into the wound, pal. Though I can't help but snort a little bit of laughter at his remark. "What can I say?" I grin. "You guys are just too easy for me."

Banban lets out a lighthearted laugh at my comment before returning back to his usual serious tone. "Well, again, I apologize for hitting you over the head. In fact, it is for this reason that I believe we should not meet face-to-face..." His sentence causes my heart to plummet a little. "Why's that?" I ask cautiously.

"You see, for whatever reason, I am prone to violent instincts... and... I do not trust myself to not give in to them again." Banban sighs sadly. He's afraid of himself? Well, that certainly changes things... "I have locked myself inside of a surveillance room, that way I can help without being a danger to you." He explains calmly.

I don't know if I should be relieved or disappointed. On one hand, I would much rather get to know Banban as a real person than some voice coming from a speaker, but on the other hand... The last thing I want to deal with is getting chased by another freaky monster, no matter what intents he may have.

"So where exactly are we anyway?" I ask anxiously, looking around the room I'm standing in. "We are currently on the lowest floor to remain active before everything went awry." Banban responds, and then continues. "There are many floors below us, but they've all remained closed or abandoned for quite some time now. So, just make sure not to fall..."

My eyes widen a little at this, realizing just how deep this kindergarten probably goes. And the fact that it could very well be even deeper than just this level... I suddenly feel very intimidated and nervous. I've never been this far underground before.

"As for your children," Banban starts. I immediately perk up at the mention of my family. "Y—Yes?! Where are they?!" I stutter excitedly. Banban hesitates briefly before answering me. "...I don't know exactly where they're being kept." He admits quietly. What? Why couldn't he have just told me that in the first place? I feel my shoulders slump a little.

"But, I know someone who does." He then adds.

My eyes widen instantly. "Who? Who?! Please tell me!" I plead eagerly, desperate to find out where my kids have been kept and get the hell out of this place. "Calm yourself now." He chuckles lightly. "Head to the Aquatic sector, for that's where he resides..." With that, Banban cuts the connection abruptly, leaving me staring at the intercom in silence and confusion.

How do I... Oh.

Just ahead of me is a cable car ride, which will likely take me to any of these sectors labeled on the sign beside me. But before I do that, I want to explore this place a little more first. After all, there could be something useful hidden here, and if I'm going to rescue my kids, then I need to do as much searching as possible.

I walk over to the information kiosk, nabbing a crumpled note off the counter and taking a quick look.

'I always knew I was an unlucky person, but this is a new standard.