6

FUSE

"Ok, my little sweetheart... turn over for me." I whispered to the car as I cleaned my fingers before turning over the engine one more time. It didn't fire right up but it was started after a few seconds, and I could rev the engine as well. "Sounds sexy as you should." I got up and stood and moved to the open hood and made sure the belts were good, the hoses weren't leaking and that it was completely fixed. Beautiful.

"You know if I was a jealous person I would have run in here and hit you over the head for talking like that" I smirked as I heard my little woman's voice behind me. I knew Tank was going to drop her off to me because it was Fiona's car I was working on.

"Like Fiona would, I am sure." I turned and kept my dirty hands off of her but leaned in and gave her a quick kiss before she hopped up on the counter.

"She definitely would have bit my head off if it weren't for Tank telling her who I was again, I think. Half the diner heard her ask him if he was having fun with me. But thankfully I have a pretty nice reputation of not dating." Daisy shrugged and I smirked as I got closer to her and made sure to snag a pretty clean rag to get most of the grime and dirt off of my hands before reaching up and tipping her chin to be level with mine as I slammed my lips on hers.

"Alright! Let's handle business before pleasure. 8k for the new parts and service, good job my man." I pulled back and sent her a wink as I heard Tank slap down cash and then look at the truck.

"Give me five minutes and then we will head out for our date." I told her, she nodded and I saw her eyes drift around until she saw a stool open. Even while turning to talk to Tank, I watched her get up from my bench and go sit and look around while I told him about the replacements, what to check for if anything else has an issue. It didn't take long for Tank to start the car, pull it out, we both looked at it a little more and he paid a little more seriously. I asked him to bring 3k in as cash and we would run the rest on his card he wanted to use. Saves me a trip to the bank today.

I took the cash part and shoved it down into my pockets knowing that was some of the cash I was going to take today. I grabbed my jacket, watched my girl focus on everyone else working now until she must have seen me walk towards her out of the corner of her eye and I leaned in and gave her a small kiss. "Ready?" I asked and she nodded.

Fuck why did this take me so long?

I walked with her hand in mine to my bike before helping her on. She got settled for the hour trip, I told her what to do if she was tired or needed to use the bathroom, so I knew to pull over. Her helmet was snug, and I pulled mine on before starting my bike and taking off out of the parking lot towards the fair.

To my surprise there wasn't a whole lot of traffic, especially for what I remembered opening weekend was usually like, but with the economy in the shithole these days it wasn't in the cards for many. Lucky for me I was a workaholic and did nothing but fun at the club. I knew how to save more than most because I didn't need expensive things because my interest is fixing and making bikes and cars perfect, that's my job, not a hobby for me. Do what you love, and money comes.

We got to the parking area, paid with cash and was waved in and close to the opening gates. Thankfully it was almost an hour and a half after it opened so there was no huge line. I paid more cash for our entry and pulled her hand into mine as we walked in.

"Hungry?" I asked as I smelled the garlic fries and turkey legs calling my name.

"I would love a huge corndog." She said pointing a few booths away and when I got a look at those footlong corn dog I almost got fully hard. This girl might kill me.

I held her hand and tried to think about all the rides I could hear women and kids screaming on, there was a guy who shouted something like 'Holy fuck' on a roller-coaster not too far away and I heard her giggled. I looked down and over her face as she looked at a little kid who was staring at my girl.