00: Prologue -

"Come here Eric, stay close to me!" Jamila called out while folding sheets in the laundry room. "Eric!?" She called out again putting down the folded pillow case with the others. She walked out of the laundry room and made her way to the living room where she knew Eric liked to run off to.

"Eric!" She called out again with a little panicked, "He's in here!" A soft female voice called back to her. When she finally made it into the huge living room she spotted Eric, her one year old son, standing in front of dark skin lady. The lady crouched in front of little Eric and had her dark brown hair, which had a few red a gold dyed strands, slicked back into a high ponytail with her curly hair hanging past her shoulders. The lady wore a casual but elegant yellow dress, it was easy to tell how expensive it was. Next to her stood a tall fair skin man with black hair slicked back, he had an under cut and a tattoo of a flower on the side of his neck.

"Let's get you back to your mommy" the beautiful lady said as she stood up and began walking to Jamila with a finger in Eric's little hand. He babbled most incoherent words as the lady smiled down at him. Her baby bump began obvious as she got closer to Jamila, "Hello my name is Ariana Jones and that quiet giant over there is my husband Drake Jones."

She reached out her hand to Jamila and she shook it and she glanced past her to see Drake's piercing blue eyes staring back at her. Looking back at Ariana she noticed that her eyes were a stunning and very rare shade of red. "Hi Ariana my name is Jamila Davis and this little man right here is Eric Davis, I'm a maid here in the Levine house" Jamila said this picking up Eric placing him on her hip. "Would you like me to go and get Mr. and Mrs. Levine for you?"

Ariana smiled and shook her head "No no it's fine instead let's sit and talk, Drake here has been on high guard since we moved to this area. Mostly for the fact that I'm pregnant with little Leon and about to pop anything day now!" Ariana spoke excitedly. "I-I'm sorry ma'am but I have to get back to work-", "Oh no don't worry it's fine you two can sit and talk, Jamila was the first maid we hired and she does the best work. We love her and plus you've been working all day you can take a break I'll have some else take over the laundry for now." Mrs Charlotte Levine spoke from the base of the stairs as she walked over with Mr Edrick Levine walking behind her.

"Ah thank you Charlotte" Ariana said as she walked over to Mrs Levine giving her a side hug to avoid her belly. "By the way where is Amanda, isn't she five now?" "Yes she's in her room busy with her etiquette class" Mr Levine spoke with his deep voice.

From then on Ariana made it her point of duty to visit Jamila, the two became best friends. When Ariana finally gave birth to her son Leon, as they gave together Eric and Leon became best friends.
Three years later Mrs Levine gave birth to a little boy, her and her husband named him Christian.

—————

"Come on let's go outside, my mom side I'm done helping her clean for the day" eight year old Eric yelled "No I'm not going!" Seven year old Leon retorted "Why not? I don't wanna stay inside all day again" Eric groaned "You put a big spider on me!!" Leon yelled back. This only earned a laugh from Eric, "That was a week ago" Eric finally managed to say after his laughter died down.

"Ok fine but you have to promise you won't put a spider on me like the last time!" Leon said making a face at the memory "I promise I won't put a spider on you" Eric said holding out his pinkie to Leon while crossing his fingers behind his back. Leon put his pinkie with Eric's and returned the smile the long hair boy had.

Christian stood at the corner watching the two older boys as they made their promise then raced to the door to go outside. Five year old Christian had been watching the two older boys from afar from the past three months, he wants to play with them but is too shy. In reality being the son of the family he shouldn't be in the maids quarters but all the maid saw how he watched the other two and kept it a secret from his parents whenever he showed up there.

Christian followed the two boys through the side entrance which led to the massive backyard space, they went into the forest behind the house to look around for various bug and to play hide and seek. They both picked up sticks and began looking around the leaf covered forest floor for any insect. Christian hid behind trees in his khaki shorts and white button up shirt which was tucked into his shorts. His black suspenders were clipped to the front and back of his shorts over his shoulders, with his hair slicked back. His socks stopped at the middle of his shin and he wore shiny black dress shoes.

He was dressed by a maid every day, he stood behind a tree watching in envy as the two boys dressed in random graphic t-shirts and shorts with low cut socks and comfy sneakers continued looking around. They wonder around some more still not realizing Christian's presence, Christian stop completely forgetting to hide as he looked up at the tree tops. At that very moment Eric found another spider which was notable big than the one he caught the week prior.

He hid to behind his back and approached Leon who was crouched down looking at a line of ants marching by. "Hey Leon!" Eric yelled, the second Leon turned around Eric threw the spider at him. As it landed on his arm he shook his hand violently till it fell off, he started running back to the house not looking where he was going and ran right into Christian's back. Leon fell on top of him be got up immediately as the boy started crying, "H-Hey are you ok!?" Leon yelled in concern but Christian kept crying.

Eric ran over and his eyes went wide as he saw the youngest of the Levine family sitting on the dirty forest floor with scratches on his hands and knees. He immediately went over pushing Leon aside looking at Christian with concern, "Hey it's ok I got you." He used his hands to wipes Christian's tears away, and he stopped crying but still had a sad look on his face as he stared into Eric's eyes.

"Woah your left eye is green and the right one is blue, that's so cool! Your beautiful" Eric blurted out as he looked at Christian with his own hazel eyes. Christian's face went red and he looked away, "It's not cool...or beautiful" he muttered under his breath. "Huh did you say something?" Eric asked but he just shook his head no. "Well anyway we have to get you back so my mom can clean your cuts. Can you walk?" Eric asked.

Leon just stood and watched as Eric helped Christian try to stand. Christian falls back to the floor "My knees hurt" he was ready to cry again, "Hey don't cry it's ok, I'll just carry you. Get on my back" Eric offered. He bent down in front of Christian offering his back, the boy was hesitant at first but eventually gave in wrapping his arms around Eric's neck. Eric struggled a bit but he managed to stand and carry Christian all the way back to the house.

Leon got there first and let Jamila know what happened, by then Eric had brought Christian into the maid quarters. As Jamila cleaned up little Christian, the two older boys waited outside the room. "Are you ok Christian" Jamila asked Christian as he sat quietly staring into space with a flushed face. He shook his head yes "Eric said my eyes are cool, and he said he thought I look beautiful" Jamila smirked as she realized Christian had a small crush on Eric.

"Oh really how did that made you feel" Jamila asked as she finished putting a bandaid on Christian's knee. "Good" he said with a smile, there was a second of silence before he spoke again "I'm going to marry Eric when I'm older!" he declared with a bright smile, Jamila only smiled back at the young boy.