𝟬𝟬𝟰

SKY ESSENCE JONES,20

Oct/6/2023

5:37 PM

"A celebrity on the first week and he was fine? Gimme your game card!" Samari laughed, as she swept up all the hair around the shop.

Since Sky and Samari were the two newest employees they had the annoying job of closing up. The two of them didn't mind it, especially since it was getting colder outside, and nobody was in the shop super late making their day go by faster.

"I know, I was nervous the whole time. He was fine and respectful. Don't find too many of those anymore." She said, wiping down the chairs in the shop.

"Right, they always only one, either respectful and ugly or fine and ugly spirited." Samari added, "Exactly." Sky laughed. "Did you hear how that jealous ass lady tried to bring up Jade when he was here?"

"I did, She has been on my ass ever since I got here. I can't stand Ms. Ruth. She just mad she 60 something-year-old and can't find a man." Sky rolled her eyes, and Samari nodded, Ever since the girls moved down there, everything has been perfect.

Sky found Jade a perfect daycare for the days she was working, nice and affordable. And her apartment was still in the process of being furnished.

But besides that, she loved her little life right now. And she was happy that she wasn't doing it all alone. She had Samari on her side to help her.

And since Sam was looking for a place, Sky decided to offer up her place until she got on her feet. It was never a time when the girls weren't together. Jade loved her, and so did Sky. Everyone at the shop knew how connected Sky and Samari were.

It was beautiful to have a good girlfriend in a new city. Both of the girls needed this new start. especially Sky.

A break from all the foolishness she got herself into the last few years. After 3 years, still no text from Josiah or his family.

And even though Jade didn't need him or anything. Now that she was starting Daycare and would be around other kids that had fathers she didn't want her baby to feel left out or any different.

Every day Sky still wondered if she made the right decision to come down to Portland. Now it limits the ability for Josiah to reach out to his daughter.

But after 3 years, now wouldn't be the time to even try. He had his chance, plenty of times. There was no forcing him anymore.

That's why Sky knew she shouldn't be thinking of him and his stupid choices, He was missing out on a beautiful daughter, not the other way around.

Sky hummed along to the song as she wiped down her counter, "This yours?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows as she held up the brown full wallet.

"Nope, whoever's it is got some money." She said, raising one eyebrow. "Girl hush." She chuckled at her comment.