MY HEAVEN

We lay here for years or for hoursYour hand in my handSo still and discreetSo long we become the flowers

Your hand in my hand
So still and discreet
So long we become the flowers

hozier

⎯⎯⎯ MY HEAVENone tree hill © aaronhtchnrs,     2023

⎯⎯⎯ MY HEAVEN
one tree hill © aaronhtchnrs, 2023

     Natalie Scott was the twin of Nathan Scott — youngest of the Scott siblings. It was true that her entire life she felt like something was missing, that there was a part of her that wasn't there. Then she found out she had another brother — Lucas — and it all made sense to her.

The longing glances from her father soon turned cold once he finally realised that he would never be a part of Lucas' life — at his own fault — and that's when things got hard. Dan pushed Nathan at basketball and pushed Nat towards her grade.

It was tiring and they were tired. They were made to believe that a scholarship was all they needed to be happy in life. But they weren't happy. Being popular was never something either of them wanted. It came with being the best at everything. Everyone wanted to be their friend. But the one true friend they could really count on was each other.

Nathan spent countless nights stumbling into her room drunk and would crash out on her king sized bed, not wanting to be alone. And she in turn would roll over and stroke his hair before falling back to sleep.

Natalie didn't drink. She didn't smoke. She wasn't even having sex. She didn't want any of it. She didn't want love. It was silly because her own parents weren't in love anymore.

But then she met Jake Jagielski and the other part of her finally felt complete especially when the teen boy walked into Karen's cafe with his six month old daughter — Jenny.

All fell into place. At least for a little while. Before Nicky came back for her daughter.