Chapter 14: Mother and Child

I'd had been a few minutes now and I have yet to be let go of by the beautiful lady. She kept giggling and patting my head while humming a little tune. I was unsure of what exactly I was supposed to feel, but Shin seemed to not want to let go.

Mothra: "My little Shin, how you've grown so much. I should scold you a bit for not visiting your mother who loves you very much.."

I look up at her as she had a pouting expression before swiftly changing it to a more happier one.

Mothra: "But how can I do that to such a cute little baby!!"

Y/n: "Eh?"

She pushed my face into her chest once again as she ruffled my hair.

Sona: "W-Wait, mother?!"

Y/n: "She's not MY mother"

Mothra: "How could you be so hurtful?"

I looked over and saw a panicked expression on her face, causing me to panic and try to fix it.

Y/n: "M-MOM!!"

She had her face covered in her hands and gives a little peek. I could hear a slight chuckle before she fully embraces me in her arms again.

Mothra: "I CAN'T STAY UPSET WITH YOU MY LITTLE BOY!!!"

Junior: "Uh.. She's quite attached"

He looked over to Biollante who was pouting the whole time.

Junior: "Seems to be because mother hasn't seen him since the first spawn"

Sona: "First spawn? Do you mean, the kaiju inside him?"

Junior: "Yep"

Kuroka: "So what's the family tree looking like?"

Junior: "Quite long actually.. and complicated really"

Biollante: "Very actually. We all call her mother and she loves us all as her children.. but-"

Junior: "Few are actually her offspring. For example, I'm not actually her son"

The group looks over to the built young man as they go over who actually are Mothra's children.

Biollante: "He's mother's grandson"

Tsubaki: "So who's your father?"

Junior reached into his pocket and pulled out a photo of a child, a father and a mother.

Junior: "That's me as a toddler. The one holding me is my mother, a normal human who dabbled her way into the Kaiju kingdom. That is my father, Gojira"

Biollante: "Gojira is the oldest of the reincarnated vessels"

Junior: "Now, onto the family tree. You have the originals, my grandparents. You have grandpa Earth and Grandma Mothra. Grandfather.. he hasn't been seen in centuries unfortunately"

Issei: "So he's a deadbeat?"

Junior: "I wouldn't say that. It's just.. He's the first victor of the Kaiju wars, the King of the Monsters. He has a role to play and a very important one. Unfortunately, he just is too busy"

Sona: "Has anyone tried to get in contact with him?"

Baragon: "Lady Mothra has but to no answer. *sighs* I'm sure the Lord will return if the Earth should be threatened again by that foul Dragon of the Void"

Sona takes an interest in the title of the dragon as she pulls one of the Kaiju to the side.

Sona: "The Dragon of the Void. Could you possibly tell me more of it?"