𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

【What if I told you none of it was accidental? - Mastermind】

We were laying in Poppy's bed when we both got a notification, it was Summer doing a team bonding at her house tonight

We were laying in Poppy's bed when we both got a notification, it was Summer doing a team bonding at her house tonight. At first I refused to go, after all, I wasn't part of the team, I'm just a sub, and I don't want to make things awkward.But Poppy insisted that I should come.

"Please, Cece, I promise you're gonna have so much fun. And you might even find a hottie who's way better than Baxter." Poppy said, practically begging me to come.

"Okay, fine. But I don't think the hottie part is going to happen" I said.

"That's what you say now"

"What do you mean by that Poppy Teatanui" I said in an accusatory tone.

"Nothing" She put her hands up in the air, and I just rolled my eyes playfully.

There's no way I can find someone I like way better than Baxter, at least not now. We are most likely never gonna happen, mostly because I don't think he's looking for a serious long term relationship, and a little because I'm not really good at the whole flirting and talking to boys thing. The only thing in my favor is that I'm kind of a love expert. I hadn't taken any classes or been on a relationship before, but I've read thousands of romance books in my life. So even though I have zero practical experience, I knew a lot about love. And everything I knew made me certain that in order for Baxter and me to happen, I would need to be at the team bonding. For a second I wished that Baxter lived next door instead of Marlon. Then it hit me. Marlon was my way in. Although, Marlon didn't do things to help me, ever. So how could I convince him? I need to come up with something, something I could give him and he would want, that will make him help me and keep his mouth shut.

"Okay, Cece, we need to get ready, you can just borrow something of mine" Poppy said as she stood up, and ran a hand through her long brown hair.

"Can I pretty please wear your white dress, you know the one with the weird straps" I said as I got out of bed and started looking through her clothes. "We could also wear the cute little flower crowns we made when we were younger"

"Yeah, just look for it. And, yes, we totally should" 

I found the dress and started changing and redoing my make up, since it got messed up. I ended up wearing the dress and black cowboy boots, and Poppy was wearing a white denim mini skirt with a crocheted top and purple cowboy boots to match mine, and of course the flower crowns. When we were done getting ready, we went to her backyard, only to find Marlon and Manu playing video games. 

"You can't go in that" I said directed to Marlon, who was wearing a grey tank top and adidas track pants. 

"I'm not going" he responded.

"What? Why?" Poppy asked.

"Because it's desperate. It's embarrassing enough going to training." 

"That's what I said." I said directed to Poppy. "And I'm still going" now to Marlon.