յգ: 𝕴𝖓𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊

ɪᴍᴘᴇʀɪᴜᴍ - ᴀʙᴤᴏʟᴜᴛᴇ
ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ.

° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° ┆ 𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃, read the headline of the latest news article. The bright sky turned dark, stars covering the sky until the storm rolled in. Heavy drops of water on the windows echoed through the silent room. Rain drops raced down the windows as lightning lit the room up.

You were sitting at the corner of the couch. A white fluffy blanket covered your body. Your h/c hair laid on the each shoulder as your hood rested on the top of your head. Your eyes moved from left to right as you continued to read the article.

𝐓𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝟏:𝟑𝟎 𝐏𝐌, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤. 𝐆𝐮𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐝𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐮𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥, 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐲𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤, 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞. 𝐅𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐩𝐫𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐉𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨, 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞, 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬, 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞.

The next paragraph read. The tears streaming down your face matched the ones on the windows. You recalled about the recent event that occurred only a few hours ago, almost reliving it. She was right in front of you. Not across the room, not in another hall, but she was right across from you. Yet, you couldn't save her. It was too late. Plus, you couldn't catch the man responsible for her death. The person who is most likely the mass murderer.

"𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫." 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐙𝐚𝐤𝐢. "𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐝𝐨." 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐲. 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬, 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠. 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐮𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭?