Dan's Disappearance

A/N: Sorry, practice has kept me pretty busy. Here's an update! Hooray! 

Chapter Four: Dan's POV

I looked around. No sign of her. "Where is that woman?" I sighed impatiently, stretching my wings. I'd been trained for this day, and it's been a while coming. She should know better than to keep me waiting.

Patience is for those without an internal timeclock. If there truly is an all powerful creator out there, he would be a patient man, simply because he had the time. Or perhaps he would be impatient. I know little to nothing on the subject.

They don't teach religion to children in cages.

Speaking of cages, I wonder what's keeping that woman?

There's rustling in the bushes, and a woman steps out.

 I look up, nodding my head in greeting, "Hello, Raina."

She smiles, "Hello, Dan. Is the project going well?"

I narrow my eyes, "You tell me, you scatterbrained idiot." I ran my hand through my hair. This woman really did annoy me sometimes.

She smiled, "It's going wonderfully. After all, this study is proving itself useful. You don't think they've realized, do you? Of course not. That would be impossible."

I sighed. I felt bad for doing this to them. I didn't know them at all, but they were cage kids just like me. Was I really okay with doing this to them?

Raina smiled flawlessly, "After all, I have you to help me. Isn't that right?"

I sighed softly, ruffling her hair and messing up her bun, "Yeah, Raina. You'll always have me." God, I'm such a sap.

I spread my wings, looking up at the sky, "It's going to storm soon. Let's go, or we'll both get sick."

Raina nods, her eyes twinkling mischeviously, "I wonder if our little friends will be able to get out of the rain. After all, headquarters won't want them if they're too stupid to survive."

I didn't say anything. What Raina forgets is that these weren't just average kids like she was used to dealing with. They may not have a super genuis IQ like she does, but they certainly weren't hopeless.

After all, they survived The School.

Raina forgets that I did as well.

---

A/N: Yes, really short. Just wanted you all to know what Dan and Raina were up to. So, whaddaya think? Comment, vote, be loved. :)