Bunnies are Poisonous

Chapter Three

A/N: Sorry about the slow updates. I blame tennis. On the bright side, I won my match.

___

For a while there, the Eraser boy and I just kind of looked at each other. A rabbit and a wolf. Natural enemies. He just looked focused. Kind of weird.

Bella bolts over, yanking me up, "Is Gabriel okay?"

Gabriel nods at me, signifying that he was fine. I turn towards the Eraser boy, who must've been around our age in appearance. My rabbit ears twitch indignantly, "Bring it on, Eraser."

Bella gets into a fighting position.

The Eraser smirks, crimson eyes shining in amusement, "Even though you look tasty, rabbit, I won't eat you this time. My name is Rex." Well, I appreciate that.

Bella narrows her eyes, "You won't be feasting on anyone of my watch, mutt." Mutt. I had to admit, that was a good one.

Rex narrows his eyes to meet hers, "You're too kind, kitty. Watch what you say to me, it's bad enough I had to grow up around things like you." Oh. So I'm a thing?

I speak up, "I'm poisonous. I swear."

Bella chuckles, "Oh, Ginny." She suddenly stops, her face completely serious, "I'd watch what I say if I was you, Mutt. I'll tear you to shreds. I've had experience." She absentmindedly cleans her nails.

Rex looks up, "Since when are bunnies poisonous? Your bluff is cute." Whoa. Hold the phone.

Oh no he didn't.

I look up, my cheeks flushed, "I am NOT a bunny. I am a girl with bunny ears. There's a difference. Only I can call myself a bunny. You will call me Ginny."

Bella smirks, "That's it, mutt. You've crossed the line." She swings back, kicking him in the jaw. I have to admit, I don't think I've ever been more grateful.

After a second of thought, I pull Gabriel close, "He's poisonous too."

Rex scowls, "How rude of you to kick me."

Bella scowls back, "How rude of you to tease a girl! I'm ashamed. Didn't your mother teach you manners?"

"Right? Never hurt a girl! You prick." I glare, determined to win this argument.

"My parents sold me so I could be like this. And besides, you're all gaining up on the Eraser. How predictable!"

I pause, "I feel kinda bad for you then. If you had parents and they let this happen to you--"

Bella snorts, "I don't feel bad for him."

I nod, resolve strengthened, "But... You wanna talk about predictable?! You're a wolf attacking a rabbit!"

Bella grins, "Good one, Ginny."

Rex narrows his eyes, "So it's my fault the whitecoats turned me into... Into this demon?!"

Bella protests, "They turned me into this! I'm lucky I don't have a tail!" Her cheetah ears twitched.

I wince. I have a tail. A little rabbit tail. Don't diss the tail.

I felt guilty. I spoke on my concern, "Bella... Isn't he just like us...? Can we really leave him?"

Bella glares at Rex, "He called me a kitty."

Rex looks at her, "That's what you are. A feline."

Bella rolls her eyes, "You didn't have to put it like that. I'm not a house cat."

"And he tried to eat me," I bite my lip, "But still... Should we leave him?" I wonder, would his eating my qualify as the circle of life, or cannibalism?

"Wait, wait, wait. I did not try to eat you. If I wanted to eat you, I would have," Rex protests.

I look at him, "Doesn't mean I'll trust you. Just means I feel bad for you. And, you could eat the scientist lady if she comes back."

"Let's go," Bella speaks up, "We're still close to the school."

I nod, "Right."

___

A/N: That's it for this chapter. Just introducing Rex.

Yes, it was short. I know. On the bright side, I found my charger.