Chapter 4

My phone!

I must have dropped it somewhere when I was being chased by Ryou. I need it.

Did he notice and pick it up? Even so, I have no way of contacting him. I'm a goner.

At least, that's until I noticed a phone booth not far from my apartment complex. The one chance I have to communicate with him. But I only have his old phone number! Did he change it? I'm not sure. But I had to try. I took a deep breath and tried to calm down, but I was interrupted by a doorbell.

I walked up to my door and opened it, only to find Ryou once again, but with my phone. How did he find my apartment? Or my room number? I honestly had no clue. I grabbed my phone quickly from his grasp.

"How did you find my apartment building? What are you doing with my phone?!" I bombard him with questions, but he just chuckles a bit.

"Not even a thank you? You're as cold as ever." His tone came out as flirty but soft. It took me a few seconds to analyze his features. Was he always this handsome? He was always a good-looking guy, but it seems that he's gotten even more prettier ever since college.

I blush a little bit, but I try and conceal it. My pale skin doesn't help at all. I guess he noticed it because he started to smirk a little, but didn't say anything else. I guess I felt really bad for yelling at him because as soon as I realized it, I was inviting him inside.

Damn it, Willow. Why do you always go soft? I sat down on the couch and he sat right next to me. Too close. I scoot back a little. We just sit there in silence before I break the barrier.

"How'd you find my apartment?"

He chuckles a bit and looks at me with a smile. "I realize you dropped your phone on the stairs so I chased you down the street to give it back to you. I guess you hate me though, 'cause you just told me off and left. I followed you to your apartment and saw you open your room door."

He followed me to my apartment. Is he a stalker? I was submerged in crazy conspiracies and became a little weary of him. I should probably keep my distance. I leaned back a bit, but he didn't get the message because he leaned closer.

Shit. I can't help but get lost in his sparkling brown eyes. His perfectly cut black hair slightly covers his face as he beams at me. God dammit, why is he so attractive? I swear, he could be a J-Pop idol.

I decide this is too much tension as I awkwardly get to my feet. "Well! It was nice having you here, I guess you better get going! You're probably a busy man."

I start pushing him out but he quickly turns around. "Wait!"

I look at him confused. What does he want now?

He takes out his phone and shows me his new number. I look up at him and he's smiling at me gently.

"Let's stay in touch."