The Monster Is Revealed

*****

This is my very first attempt at writing a decent story, forgive me if it's terrible or the grammar and spelling isn't up to par! As this is an intimate romance story (Kinda) there will be detailed sexual scenes later on in the story, I'll warn you if one is coming up during the author notes at the top k?

I hope you enjoy reading this story, I doubt there will be an end to this story, so it can only get better with time, right?

Comments and ratings are more than welcome <3

*****

It was just an average summer's day for me, the same as every other day - Boring. I woke up at the usual time, got the bus at the usual time, made my change to the inter-city bus at the usual time, entered college at the usual time, and sat myself down at the usual time. I was one of those people that the cool kids like to label "A loser". I was stuck in a routine that I couldn't escape, it wasn't that I wanted to do the same thing every day, it was that I didn't really have any other option.

As it was a Wednesday morning, I had the unbearable joy of Advanced Spreadsheets all day. You could feel that no one wanted to be there that day. We learned how to do the stupidly hard task of using auto-sum, a feature even my grandma could use, but for some reason, we had to follow a tutorial to use it!

After those boring six or so hours, which seemed like forever, were over, it was back to the routine; Rush to the bus station as to get my inter-city bus, swap onto the local bus, get home, turn on my computer and relax. But something was different today, as soon as MSN had loaded up, I was greeted almost instantly by an online friend I had made a month or two ago, Rosa. She started the conversation differently, instead of the usual "Oh hey", I was greeted with;

*Michael... He cheated on me and then had the nerve to TELL ME after we'd broken up - how the hell am I supposed to respond to that?! Help!

It took me but a few seconds to analyse the message and work out the problem - Riley, Rosa's ex boyfriend. How they met is an interesting tale, I met Riley on an MMORPG, and he seemed like a cool guy so we decided to share MSN information. We all started talking on MSN, and as they say - The rest is history. After a few months of online dating, he slowly reveals his true colours as a sex-crazed jerk, and Rosa broke it off with him. After months of begging Rosa for explicit pictures and messing her around, he then goes and tells her that? What a jerk! I responded as soon as I could work out the words to use.

*He did WHAT!?! Rosa, I'm so glad you dumped him! You don't need that jerk.

*But Michael... I can't help it - I love him! I can't help it... Even if he is a jerk. How am I supposed to deal with this?!

*Look, R, just forget him. Block and delete him if you have to. It's not like you'll ever see him - he lives in America! There are oceans between the two of you like there are many miles between us... You won't have to deal with him and you'll be rid of him if you just do that.

I never did get a reply to that message, a short while after I sent it, Rosa signed off MSN. I couldn't help but let my mind wonder what had happened to her. Did she decide to go to bed early? It was a school night... Or maybe she had begun crying? Yes, yes that could be it, she might be crying after what had just happened. As per usual, these and many more theories flew about my head before I decided it was time to confront Riley myself.

I doubled clicked his MSN name, it was the title of a song - "Guns for show, Knives for a pro". The instant the window popped up on my aging machine I went at the keyboard like an angry drummer. The sheer speed I was typing due to my rage was incredible, messages seemed to appear on the screen before I'd even thought of what to say. After what seemed like just a second or two, my message was sent.

*Riley you asshole! How could you do that to Rosa?! After all she did for you! She cared and loved you, and you go and throw back in her face? What kind of monster are you! I want answers, right now.

The term "A good five minutes" didn't apply here, this waiting for a reply was terrible. But sooner than I thought I heard the MSN bleep.

*hahahahahhahahahaha she told you? lololol!!!

*Riley this isn't freaking funny bro! You've really hurt her feelings... even if you did cheat on her, why would you go and tell her after it's all over?

*cause its funny dude! i cant believe she fell for me that hard... i kinda feel bad for her.... NOT!

His appauling lack of capitalization made my weak grammar skills seem amazing

*Seriously bro, this is uncool. You know I really like her, I was just finding how to make her happy and you have to go and do this?

*dude i know you like her... if you wanna fuck her just tell me, ill convince her to come visit you or w/e

*Riley, you really are the scum of the earth, y'know that? I don't want you to convince her to do anything, infact, I don't even want you to talk to her ever again... You hear? Stay away from her, she doesn't need assholes like you in her life, and if you keep up this, soon enough you'll have no friends.

A few seconds passed without reply, before I decided that I didn't want a reply, so I sent him another message, quoting a popular TV show - Top Gear.

*And on that bombshell, goodnight.

As soon as I hit the enter button, I quickly moved the mouse to the "Block" button and firmly pressed it. I agreed to the terms of blocking, I didn't want him to see I was online and I didn't want him to be able to message me. Done.

I decided that after such a long and emotionally tiring day, it was time for bed. The sooner I slept, the sooner I'd wake up and find out what had happened to Rosa...