|You Could Leave It All Behind|

*shaking you violently* Babe, wake up. New It's Called: Freefall chapter just dropped

Lmk if there are typos!

Vote & comment while you read <3

Dream just listens in silence to Wilbur rant angrily for about ten minutes. He holds the phone away from his ear a bit, his mind racing. He's thinking more about George than he is about Wilbur, which is an oddly easy task, despite the fact that Wilbur's the one currently chewing him out for killing a guy.

"I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have-"

"Damn right you fuckin' shouldn't have! Techno and I are going to have to deal with so much shit for this. We gotta take care of this and make it look like this guy disappeared. Ran off or something. Dream, if you get in trouble for this you're going down alone. Techno and I have our brother to fuckin' worry about, and I'm not taking any fucking chances of getting arrested for this."

Dream winces a bit. "I know. I know... I wasn't thinking at the time. I'm sorry. I got wrapped up in this, and... Wilbur, you don't get it. This guy really, really deserved it."

Wilbur sighs. "That doesn't fucking matter. You off who you're payed to off. Not random man who cut you off in traffic or something, and you got pissed and showed up at his house to kill him!"

Dream scowls. He naturally goes to defend himself, anger boiling in his gut. "This wasn't some petty shit, Wilbur. I didn't just kill someone. I don't have anger issues or something," he shouts.

Wilbur says nothing, and the silence makes Dream realize that he wasn't exactly proving his point by getting upset. He takes a deep breath, and lowers his voice, speaking evenly. "That guy did something bad to someone I care about, and I took matters into my own hands." Dream's almost shocked by his own words, but they're out and in the air before he can think twice.

Dream can almost see Wilbur roll his eyes over the phone. "And that's the problem. You don't do that. You kill who you're hired to kill. You don't just go around stabbing people when you think they deserve it. Don't go acting all moral, alright, Dream? If anyone deserves this kind of death, it's probably us. You're in no position to do this. You are a bad person. I'm not insulting you— It's the truth. I am too. But don't go all vigilante because you can't cope with the guilt." Wilbur takes a deep breath, clearly trying to calm himself. "Techno's taking care of most of this mess, and he's gonna leave me to do most of the disposing. He excused me so I could call to yell at you."

Dream rolls his eyes, prepared for another angry bout of yelling. Instead, Wilbur sighs, and that almost makes him feel worse. Dream caves. "I know I fucked up. But you seem, like... really upset about this. Is there something I don't know about that'll get us caught or something really, really bad?"

There's silence on the other end of the phone for a long pause. Dream's about to check if the call disconnected when Wilbur finally speaks up again. "There are cameras. He had cameras in his house. They're routed to somewhere. Some database, some computer. Something where all that shit is held, filed away. And Tech and I don't know how to access it. And you could call Sapnap for help with the evidence bit, but I know he doesn't really fuck with technology," Wilbur finally says, his voice even and serious. There's a somber tone to his words.

Dream doesn't like how resigned Wilbur sounds. "That doesn't mean I can't get away with this. We can figure it out." Dream paces back and forth in his room, drumming his fingers against his phone as he holds it back to his ear.

"I don't know, honestly. Neither does Tech. I'm sure you can figure something out, with all your connections. All we know is that the footage and cameras are connected to some weird database that we can't track. And all the footage from the crime is there, and probably wildly incriminating." Wilbur sighs. "You need to figure this shit out before someone gets suspicious and the cops search his house for evidence of why he "ran away", and they find the cameras. This isn't my department. Figure your shit out, Dream," Wilbur says sharply, hanging up suddenly.