|Know Yourself And Who You Came In With|

EDIT: This chapter was up for nearly an hour and nobody thought to tell me I spelled the title wrong. I'm fixing it now, but just know I will never forgive you for this

Note: I added this to the description, but from now on, chapter titles may be from Its Called: Freefall by Rainbow Kitten Surprise OR various other songs by Rainbow Kitten Surprise that I think have lyrics that fit. I really think there are lyrics from a lot of their songs that match well, and I really like RKS's music, so I'm incorporating more songs into chapter titles. I'll put whatever song they're from in the thingy above the title.

More banter in this chapter. My favorite.

Lmk if there's typos & I'll fix them.

Enjoy! Vote and comment while you read! <3

It only took a few days for George to get back to normal. For those few days, though, he'd been distant. He spent a lot of time on his computer, working on whatever computer shit he was always doing. Dream had no idea what went into any of that. Sometimes George would explain it in great detail for a little while, and Dream just listened even though none of it made any sense.

George seemed to spend a lot of time buried in sweaters or blankets until he felt better. Eventually, he stopped feeling tired and dizzy, and his head was manageable with minimal over the counter pain meds.

One morning, about a week later, George had woken up early. Dream found him standing on the small balcony overlooking the extravagant view of the complex's parking lot.

George stood, leaning on the railing. He was wearing dark blue shorts and a white tee-shirt; they were wrinkled enough that it was clear that he'd slept in the clothes the night before.

Dream slid open the glass door, but George didn't even look back at the other. Dream shivered, wondering how in the world George was managing to comfortably stand outside in the morning cold.

Dream faced George by leaning against the railing to the left of him. The brunette still didn't acknowledge Dream. There was an odd silence for a moment. George broke it first— finally.

"I'm sorry for not being super helpful with anything this week," he said, though he didn't sound very apologetic. Dream didn't mind; he was just glad to hear George familiar voice after he'd been locked up in his room for the last few days.

"It's fine. I'm not angry at you for not doing the dishes while going through all that you're going through." And it was true. Dream didn't usually sympathize with other people. He supposed he had a strong sense of justice— at least, that was the nicest way of putting it. However, when he fucked up... When he couldn't fix the problem or he felt he could've done more to change something, he took it to heart.

"I know," George said flatly. For the first time, he glanced over to Dream for just a moment, however, quickly returning to the skyline.

Dream figured he'd leave George to whatever he was thinking about, and quietly slipped back inside, shutting the door behind him.

He shuffled over the carpeted living room, about ready to just sit down and scroll on his phone, but before he got the chance, his phone began to buzz. He glanced at who was calling him. A smile immediately found its way to his face as he recognized the name.

"Hey," he said as soon as he accepted the call.

"Jesus, Dream," said the voice on the other end with dramaticized cadence. He spoke with the same British accent that George had. "Are we rescheduling or are you just going to leave me hanging for a week?" he asked in an accusatory tone that was more than a little joking.