Chapter 4: A Pleasant Conversation

You were playing on your phone while on the roof of the Institute when Peko arrived.

Peko: "Hi, Y/N."

"Hey, Peko. Need anything?"

Peko: "Just why did your relatives jump onto our bus? Byakuya freaked out to the point where he was driving like he was possessed. I'm not sure I've felt so frightened in my life."

"Well, Hiro was a moron and caused him to back up into their car a little too hard. So of course, they thought that he was just being a dick. And no need to worry about them, they're pretty good at landing. Even if they did get flung off the bus."

Peko: "My interest in your family has been lowered a little."

"Yeah. Seeing them yourself will do that. But to be honest, them instantly jumping on the bus made me worried."

Peko: "How so?"

"Most situations I've seen or come across, they usually just argue and hardly anything else. You don't see them bringing out daggers or sais, do you?"

Peko: "Not really. So, they live in isolation?"

"Yeah. My grandfather and the other elders' idea."

Peko: "Why?"

"Cause they despise the modern world. My grandpa training me to be prepared for anything is literally the only thing I'm grateful for. Everything else, I hate. They didn't come to my birthdays, they refused to come to Mom and Dad's wedding, and they basically kidnapped me in my sleep just so they could take me to their village. It's really complicated."

Peko: "It sounds like it. Okay, now that my negative statements are out of my system, I still think you should try and talk with them."

"You really think that will work?" you sighed.

Peko: "I think you should at least try."

"If I do, I just don't want to be wrong when I state my reasons."

Peko: "Just give some thought."

"Want to get ice cream? I know a place that serves amazing flavors."

Peko: "I'm taking a small break from training, so sure, why not?"

"Awesome. Race ya! Loser pays for it!"

Peko: "Hey that is not fair! You can't just say it after you start!"

"I'm going to win!"

Peko: "No, you ain't!"

You ran past the Institute's entrance.