Chapter 7: Personal History

You and Peko are in your lab, where you are teaching Peko the ways of the ninja and she is learning pretty fast.

You threw several shuriken at Peko and she dodged them. She then charged at you and you brought out your katana. You clashed for a few minutes before breaking off and stopping.

"You're getting pretty good, Peko."

Peko: "Thank you. I am trying my best to follow you and your mother's teachings."

"Hey, don't worry. This isn't going to be brutal training like in the hidden village. This is more of a 'give it your best' routine."

Peko: "I know. And I'm glad to have good teachers."

You grabbed some water for the both of you, and drank the whole thing.

"Hey, you and Fuyuhiko seem very close. Have you known each other for a while?"

Peko: "Yeah. Ever since we were kids."

"Do you have a family?"

Peko: "I don't know my parents. The Kuzuryu group took me in while I was a baby. I grew up alongside Fuyuhiko, and we were together practically all the time. Well, except for a week."

"What happened?"

Peko: "There was a letter addressed to me. I read it and it was from someone who claimed to know me. It was even sent from a small town. Fuyuhiko was staying in his home so I asked to investigate it."

"Like how a lot of mystery movies begin. How'd that investigation go?"

Peko: "I arrived at the town and saw that it was scheduled for mass renovations, but I found the house of who sent the letter and who wrote it."

"Then what happened?"

Peko: "I found out he was an old friend of my parents, but even he doesn't know where they are and why I was abandoned, but he did care about me. He took me to a hidden flower field. I felt like a normal person at that moment."

"Let me guess, Fuyuhiko followed you?"

Peko: "Yep. He snuck out because he was concerned about me. We had fun for a little bit until we went back home so our new friend could be safe. But after that, something changed a little."

"Really?"

Peko: "I was convinced that I was just a tool for Fuyuhiko, but after that trip, I realized that I was part of Fuyuhiko's family and I wanted to protect him just as much as he wanted to protect me."

"He's not the only one who wants to protect you. You are one of the best warriors I've ever met."

Peko: "I'm sure your family's village had plenty of. warriors that were at my level."

"Yeah, but not all of them were as fun as you. And you're not the one that decided to just keep fighting way after the spar was over."

Peko: "I guess."

"Hey, there's an old building that I like to use when I'm pretending to infiltrate an enemy stronghold. Want to try it out with me sometime?"

Peko: "Sure. Is it going to be a game of hide and seek you when I'm there?"

"Maybe, we'll see."

You and Peko left the lab to go to class.