me to me

dokyeom is spending another night subjecting himself to what is equivalent to torture in his mind. his chest tightens as he holds you in his arms as you cry over some new guy, a situationship that ended brutally. you have been his best friend for years now, being so close that you both know everything about each other. dokyeom can't quite put a time cap on when everything changed, but he's been falling in love with you every single day for the last year. he's been here for you through everything, through every new guy and every date gone wrong. he wants to scream half the time. he wants to shake every single man who's ever gotten to go out with you and snap them into reality. how could they mess up so bad with the most wonderful girl he's ever known? if he was them, he would do it right. he'd never make you cry, that's for sure. you wouldn't be sitting here on a friday night with a broken heart.

"i just really thought he was going to be different this time" you say, choking on your words as you soak his hoodie with tears.

dokyeom sighs, his heart pinching at your sadness, wishing he could take it all away and absorb it for you. he changes his position on the couch, wrapping his arms around you tighter and scooping you into his lap.

"i know, i know. it's okay" he says, not knowing what else to say except to let you cry. you lift your head up off of him for a moment, noticing how wet you have made his hoodie. you feel bad, knowing this has happened one too many times. you are tired of guys leaving you broken like this.

"i'm sorry about that" you say, your eyes drifting down to where your tears soaked the fabric. you look back up at him, meeting his eyes as he shakes his head softly, giving you a shy smile as to say not to worry about it.

"he was an asshole. these douchebags don't deserve you, y/n." he speaks softly, but firmly. his eyes darken, feeling angry as he thinks about said douchebag, and how he would kill him if he could. i would treat you so much better, he thinks. 

you shake your head, disagreeing. "i'm starting to think that maybe its me, kyeom" you admit honestly, laying your head back down on his shoulder. you don't get to rest it there for long as you feel his hand under your chin, lifting your face up to look at him. 

he looks down at you, his eyes sad and gloomy, your self deprecating words feeling like a dagger through his chest. 

"don't say that, y/n. please. you are the most amazing girl, they are fucking stupid" he says, releasing his hand from your chin and running a hand through his own hair. you can see the frustration written all over his face. you're not sure what exactly is causing it, but you are sure that he must be tired of having to comfort you like this all the time. you scoot off his lap and move onto the other side of the couch, pulling your legs up to your chest.

he watches as you create the distance between him, and he sinks deeper into the couch. he wants to tell you he loves you. he wants to tell you that you should be with him, and that he would give you everything you deserve. but he knows you don't feel the same, and he can't risk that. he would lose his best friend, and thats something too precious for him to mess up. he turns towards you, sitting criss cross on the couch as he thinks about how to proceed. you look at him as he opens and closes his mouth a few times, never successfully getting any words out.

"i know this is probably so annoying. i'm sorry, i should just go home" you mumble, pushing yourself up off the couch. you only make it a step before you feel dokyeom gently grab your wrist, pulling you back down.

he feels like crying, but bites his lip as the burning feeling in his throat takes over his mind. he feels like he fucked up, and he doesn't know how to fix it. he doesn't want you to go home. he wants you to stay here and lay with him until everything else disappears and you forget all about every guy who's ever hurt you.