sick

Y/N POV:

"dokyeom!!!" i call out, standing at the top of the stairs in our house. i'm standing there in my dress, half zipped up because it's stuck, one earring in, my hair half done, and a mess pretty much everywhere else.

i hear him call "yes? are you okay?" as he turns the corner. he stands at the bottom of the stairs, looking at the train wreck that is me at the top.

"on a scale of 1-10, 10 being really mad, how mad would you be if we skip this thing tonight?" i sigh, feeling thoroughly defeated.
i'm 99% sure i've come down with a fever, my stomach hurts, and the dress not zipping was the final straw. we were supposed to go to a friends birthday party tonight but it's pretty clear i would probably drop dead if i did.

he furrows his eyebrows looking concerned and says "zero, baby. what's wrong?" he asks as he makes his way up the stairs. when he reaches me he brings me into a hug and i let my body weight fall into him, too fatigued to stand anymore.

"i don't feel good" i state, just wanting to lay down.

"you're burning up" he says frowning, feeling my forehead. i groan, wrapping my arms tight around him so i don't fall.

"woah there baby, let's get you laying down". he picks me up bridal style and carries me into our bedroom. he lays me down on the bed where i just plop down, not planning to move for the foreseeable future. i reach my arms out to him, wanting a hug. he takes one of my hands in his and says,

"let's get you into some comfy clothes first, yeah?".

getting a sudden burst of energy at my request, i give my best puppy dog eyes and say "can i have one of your t shirts please?"

he chuckles at me and responds "of course you can, baby. i'll get you the best one", kissing my nose. he turns around and walks over to the closet, rummaging around a little before pulling out a big grey shirt.

he brings it over to me and helps me sit up. "let me help you get this dress off" he says, moving my hair out of the way so he can work with the stuck zipper. after fiddling around with it for a few seconds he's able to pull it down all the way. i feel a chill as my back is now fully exposed and the cold air hits my boiling skin.

he starts to slide it off my shoulders when i get a little shy. i'm not even wearing a bra, given as the dress wouldn't allow for one.

"nothing i haven't seen before baby" he says gently kissing the back of my neck, making me blush.

the dress is down from my torso as he taps my hips, "up for a second love".

i stand up the best i can on the bed given the current energy i have, and face towards him. he quickly slides the dress off, knowing i'm a little uncomfortable right now. he's not looking at my body, only my eyes. he grabs the t shirt and holds my hand, bringing me down so i can sit again.

"arms up". i raise my arms as he brings the shirt over my head, until it falls over my torso. it's so big on me, and absolutely cozy. it smells like him and i couldn't be more content. much better than that stupid dress.

"thank you" i say shyly, sitting criss cross.

"you're welcome sweetheart".

i catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and remember my hair and makeup is a disaster. i get up from the bed and slowly make my way to the bathroom to sit on the vanity stool. i grab a brush and attempt to brush through my hair but my arms are unbelievably weak.

dokyeom enters the bathroom and moves behind me, "hey i've got it baby" he says taking the brush from my hand. he brushes my hair until all the tangles are gone as i watch him in the mirror. once it's all smooth he brings it all to the back and does a simple braid. a boyfriend who can braid my hair? how'd i get this one?

he helps me back into bed, and tucks me under the blankets. he slides in next to me, not even bothering to get out of his party clothes. i turn around so i'm facing him and scoot as close to him as i can get. i don't want a millimeter of space to be left open between us. he wraps his arms around me and pulls me tight, getting the memo.

"mmmm" he says, squeezing me tight. "i'm here baby. try and get some sleep" he leaves a kiss on my temple as i dig my head into his chest. i fall asleep almost instantly as he plays with a lose strand of hair from my braid. as i slip into sleep i hear him mumble

"i love you. feel better beautiful".