Chapter 11

The night of the party came earlier than Cecilia could expect, she didn't even realize it since her time in Portorosso was occupied with her new friends.

Especially those nice short talks with Alberto.

Alberto.

The simple thought of him made her heart flutter and every time she saw him, the desire to be with him only grew stronger. Right now both Cecilia and Giulia are frantically trying to do their hair and makeup while both boys patiently wait for them in the small dining room.

Cecilia helped Giulia straiten her hair as much as she could while Giulia tried to curl Cecilia's hair. The stuffy room only added to the girl's annoyance until they were finally satisfied with their hair and makeup.

Cecilia looked at herself hesitantly, would Alberto like it?

Giulia immediately noticed her cousin's frustration before placing her hand on her shoulder.

"You look amazing," Giulia told her cousin reassuringly.

"Thanks, you do too," Cecilia sighed but smiled, everything would be fine. One last glance and both girls hesitantly walked to meet both boy's gaze who looked very surprised to say nonetheless. Cecilia blushed as Alberto's eyes scanned her in awe, his cheeks were red against his tanned skin as he looked at her.

Alberto couldn't keep his eyes off Cecilia, the pink dress she had bought with Giulia fit her perfectly and he loved it. Her hair was also slightly curled in contrast to it always being styled straight and her cherry lips looked very tempting.

Cecilia also looked at Alberto in awe, he wore a nice yellow dress shirt with blue jeans and black dress shoes in contrast to his sandals.

Upon getting closer Cecilia could also smell his cologne, her blush intensified when he offered her his arm to take.

"You guys ready?" Luca asked, he wore a blue dress shirt, dark jeans, and dress shoes.

"Yup," Cecilia answered finally taking Alberto's arm.

Giulia only giggled at her cousin's flustered state, while she swung her orange dress lightly.

The four teens went to the town square where the music was already playing loudly and the smell of food hit their nostrils.

Lights filled Cecilia's eyes while she viewed some of the couples already dancing while a few ate and others played games at the booths. Her heart filled with excitement as her grip tightened around Alberto's arm, she had never been to an event like this before. Her mama and papa had deemed it dangerous but she regretted not going before now.

"Hey so um..." Alberto's voice distracted her from her thoughts but she smiled either way.

"Wanna dance?" the question struck her but she gained her senses before nodding.

Alberto's hand suddenly then slid his hand around her waist, it definitely felt less awkward when he asked his papa to practice. Cecilia felt her palms get sweaty as soon as Alberto placed a hand on her waist and one on her hand. The music played softly but Cecilia could barely hear it as she tried to dance the steps the Aragosta sisters had taught her. Her waist moved perfectly with rhythm while her steps shuffled to the side. Her sudden movements made Alberto nervous and excited at the same time, her dancing made him feel on fire.

Cecilia on the other hand also felt as if she was on fire, each step felt burning, and the way it made Alberto look caused her to smirk. They were obviously both having a lot of fun, who knew dancing could be so exciting and tiring at the same time. The music helped them both experiment while each turn and twirl made them laugh and smile. Alberto suddenly picked up Cecilia making her feel startled at first but then her smile returned when he twirled her around in the air. Her giggles and smile filled the air while some people stopped to look at both teens but neither of them cared.